Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Witnessed an ND!

Feedback Score
    Man!

Scary stuff!

Despite being a staunch 2A guy there's clearly people who have no business owning firearms!

I hear about stuff all too often. Recently read a thread here or elsewhere when at public ranges how jack wagons don't follow the rules. Point guns at each other, fire down range when safe time.... I used to belong to Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club range and witnessed 2 stupid situations in the 6 months I shot there; even on those separated ranges! So I don't shoot at ranges anymore. Lucky enough to spend most of my time in desert SW so go a mile off road against a backstop....

Maybe there should be some incentives for training. I know in AZ it was worth getting CCW license just for expedited 4473 and a bit more latitude on where you can carry. Just thinking out loud...

But again if an "experienced" shooter can pull a stunt like that...

One possible contributing factor is price of ammo has made weekly range trips too expensive. Get out of practice; forget the violence of the BANG to be respected! My buddy has only shot once in the past year! Brand new Les Baer 1911 but can't find ammo to replenish and with social unrest and where he lives I don't blame him. He's in El Paso <1 mile from the border!

Be safe y'all!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I took out my parents tv with a .22lr about 10 years ago doing that... stupid loud because of the surprise. I made it to Best Buy and back with the same TV model in record time though

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've had it happen. SAFE Direction saved me from anything worse than ringing ears.

I remember getting ready to dry fire while aiming at the light switch, and gave it one last check... DAMN! round in the chamber.

I double and triple check now.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 02-25-21 at 10:08.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I was in a small gun shop when a repairman in the back room let a round out of a M4. Insanely loud where we were at. It must have been unreal to the unfortunate repairman. You wouldn't believe how loud 5.56 is when you let it off inside a building.

(That's why is use a PCC rather than an AR for home protection).
    Nothing is louder than an unexpected gunshot...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ha ha. Hilarious and scary at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I took out my parents tv with a .22lr about 10 years ago doing that... stupid loud because of the surprise. I made it to Best Buy and back with the same TV model in record time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been in the elevator of police station in SoCal (no I was not under arrest thank you). Had to have been at least a dozen holes in the floor and walls. I was told they do not fix them anymore in hope that it will serve as a warning.

People screw up. It happens. Try to learn from your mistakes. Even better, learn from the mistakes of others. Let them pay the tuition.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    There are two types of shooters: those who've had a ND and those who are going to. With proper protocols, you should be able to kick that can down the road indefinitely, but it's still a risk.

Concerning dry fire, I always perform three steps prior to actually dry firing. After removing any loaded mags from the area, I visually inspect, physically inspect with my finger, and audibly state "this weapon is not loaded".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    There are two types of shooters: those who've had a ND and those who are going to.
    That "SAFE DIRECTION" is huge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That "SAFE DIRECTION" is huge.
    Bingo

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've had an ND. Trigger went dead on a 509 Tactical, luckily I had the gun pointed down range and pulled the trigger to see what was going on and bang, I fired a round up over the berm before I was ready. Dumbest thing I've ever done, I'd take it back if I could. The four firearm safety rules would've easily prevented that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12