Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking about a .22lr bolt gun. Opinions?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Man this thing is fun. ~SNIP~ I've collected up so much .22 over the years that it's almost like shooting for free.
    One nice thing about bolt action rimfires is that they don't encourage me to run through so much ammunition. I have a Iver Johnson single shot bolt action and 100 rounds makes for a nice, long, relaxing shooting session. I have a lot less discipline with my AR-22 with 25 rd mags and a speedloader.

Andy

Feedback Score
    FWIW, I'm still loving this rifle. My shoulder injury is largely recovered but I still find myself shooting it 10:1 over anything else.

There is about a 1" hole shot through in my 100yd plywood target. These days I just aim for the hole. If I don't hear the bullet strike the plywood I know it's a "hit" .
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVDOC View Post
    If you want to really get maximal accuracy out of the gun, don’t even waste time with high velocity ammo. It simply doesn’t have the consistency and quality control to shoot well.
    There is a reason you won’t find a serious long range precision rimfire competitor shooting high velocity ammo.
    You can sometimes get lucky with the lower grades of standard velocity like eley contact or target, or SK standard plus, and use that for practice and move to eley match or ten ex or lapua for matches or more serious shooting.
    Fully agree on the seasoning the barrel before shooting groups when switching ammo.
    Thread resurrection...

I'm not a serious shooter in that respect, but I do seriously enjoy shooting rimfire long range. Got an FV-SR and put a Boyd's stock on it. Asked EGW to custom cut a 40moa base then mounted a SWFA 16x that has over 100moa of elevation adjustment. 300yds shooting suppressed CCI SV is a lot of fun. click... wait... wait... ding.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-06-22 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    Anschutz 1416 here, put my old faithful Leopold VX3 6.5-20x50 and I'm learning a lot!
    This rifle has the best trigger I ever saw in any gun out of the box.
    I'm very happy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234