Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a .22lr bolt gun. Opinions?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I have a CZ457 at one that I have been shooting suppressed with SV CCI. I picked up a Ranger 22 a few weeks ago. I plan to do a side by side comparison on them tomorrow. The only complaint I have on the Ranger at this point is it feels like you are holding the gunnel of a fiberglass boat. No soul to it.
    Wind just isn’t making it worth sighting in the Ranger this weekend. Might have some info on it next weekend.

Feedback Score
    I have a 16” and a 20” t1x. They both shoot very well with most ammo and exceptionally well with CCI SV. With Lapua Midas plus, the 20” gun shoots just over .25 at 50 yards. The SV is about .40 at the same distance. The triggers are both stock and adjusted to about 2 lbs, no creep. The 16 inch is my preferred gun since its about 21” with a can on. The stocks are polymer but compared to most polymer, they are reasonably rigid. My Ruger bolt 22s are not nearly as accurate, have less rigid stocks, and heavier and less crisp triggers. If you have specific question, let me know.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an Anschutz, but it’s more of a hunting gun. Very nice. I have multiple 10-22’s. And I bought a Savage with threaded barrel, bull barrel, tactical bolt knob..for very cheap. Shoots lights out.

The Tikka has to be tits but the Savage be cheaper. Best of luck mi amigo.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I bought a CZ .22 LR bolt rifle with 16.5” barrel & wood stock when they first came out for about $450.
    It has a little lightweight silencer on it.
    I put a Timney trigger in it.
    Has an older, lightweight. Leopold VX11 2x7 EFR scope that can adjust for parallax at 10 yards.

Scary accurate.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have an Anschutz, but it’s more of a hunting gun. Very nice. I have multiple 10-22’s. And I bought a Savage with threaded barrel, bull barrel, tactical bolt knob..for very cheap. Shoots lights out.

The Tikka has to be tits but the Savage be cheaper. Best of luck mi amigo.

PB
    Happen to be a Rascal?

I bought one for something to play with at the beginning of the shutdowns this time last year. I love that little thing. If the wind is calm, I can put 6 mils in and ding a 2/3 man sized plate at 200 yards with misses being rare.

Feedback Score
    I set my son up with a CZ455 VPT, dropped a Timney Trigger into it (he broke a Yo Dave trigger mod, he runs a bolt like a beast) and Harris bipod. Reaaaallly nice. I have ordered a 1x9 twist Lilja barrel from the next batch that should be done mid year. The stock barrel shoots well enough, just want to try the 'new'. I think now is the golden time in 22lr precision rifles. So many options on actions, stocks, and now ammo and barrels. Golden, except for getting ammo...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you aren't going to shell out for a Vudoo, the T1x is pretty solid.
    The stock should be expected to be replaced immediately with something more purpose-built.
    Frankly, that budget is restrictive unless you are committed to spending exactly that amount of money to achieve overall disappointment.
    I'd budget for $1k for the rifle, $800 for the optic, $200 for the mount, $350 ancillaries (extra mags, bipod, rail sections, etc).
    There are cool guns for less than that, but if you want to get something out of it that can't be done with a $300 10/22, there's a point of diminishing return, and that point is at right about $500.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you aren't going to shell out for a Vudoo
    I drool all over my keyboard every other day flipping though that damn site, one of these days...
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Thinking about a .22lr bolt gun. Opinions?

I’m a CZ fan. I have a few of them. I have gone to Bud’s twice in the last year specifically to buy a T1X and ended up leaving with another CZ. Having said that with .22 it’s a lottery on accuracy. Even in the same brand and model some will shoot better than others. I’ve seen some great shooting T1X’s, CZ’s, Bergara’s. I’ve also seen examples of each that were just okay. I would have no reservations about buying either of these brands. I personally wouldn’t buy a Christensen just because I saw one example that didn’t shoot very well at all.

I’m a big fan of Ruger as well. They have a lot of great budget offerings and they stand behind their products, but when it comes to precision .22 they’re not in the league with the aforementioned brands.
    Last edited by teksid; 03-12-21 at 05:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you aren't going to shell out for a Vudoo, the T1x is pretty solid.
    The stock should be expected to be replaced immediately with something more purpose-built.
    Frankly, that budget is restrictive unless you are committed to spending exactly that amount of money to achieve overall disappointment.
    I'd budget for $1k for the rifle, $800 for the optic, $200 for the mount, $350 ancillaries (extra mags, bipod, rail sections, etc).
    There are cool guns for less than that, but if you want to get something out of it that can't be done with a $300 10/22, there's a point of diminishing return, and that point is at right about $500.
    Well, I am a contractor to the feds so you can guess my track record with budgets.

I went in today still had a T1x, a B14 carbon barrel at 1k, and a CZ varmint but it wasn't threaded. I was weighing the options but then I spotted the BCM complete lowers that they had just gotten in. No 22 this week.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast