Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortifying Minneapolis for the Derek Chauvin Trial

Feedback Score

Fortifying Minneapolis for the Derek Chauvin Trial

The trial of former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin who is accused of murdering George Floyd is 12 days away. Fortifications have been going up around MPD precinct houses, the Hennepin County Government Center as well as many other buildings and businesses. The evening news showed double rows of Jersey barricades topped with cyclone fencing and barbed wire. As if that's not enough, there are rolls of Concertina wire between the barriers. National Guard troops are reportedly being deployed before, during and after the trial. I have yet to see a Guard convoy or Hummers parked at intersections around last summer's urban hot spots. The part of Minneapolis where I work has suddenly developed a weird kind of "vibe", I fully expect it to get even weirder...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...-preparations/
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 02-24-21 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if this will just push ANTIFA errr the protesters to other parts of the city where there is no National Guard presence.

Feedback Score
    Well since one side is out for blood and all the facts point to a death from complications of opioid overdose, it’s hard to believe that an impartial jury could convict him. So if they don’t violate common sense and convict him, expect the black radicals and liberals to riot, loot, and murder as is their MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    OP, this might be a good time to consider moving. I'm sure the Twin Cities are nice and all but...
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    During last years protests there were rumors they were going to take it to the suburbs (this was in DFW Texas and I’m sure other places as well). Never happened but it creates an interesting problem if they do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Well since one side is out for blood and all the facts point to a death from complications of opioid overdose, it’s hard to believe that an impartial jury could convict him. So if they don’t violate common sense and convict him, expect the black radicals and liberals to riot, loot, and murder as is their MO.

Our activist AG intervened and in my opinion, overcharged Chauvin by pursuing 1st degree murder charges. In light of the circumstances, there’s a reasonable possibility that Chauvin will walk. There will be riots and mayhem regardless of the outcome, my gut feeling is the rioters focus will shift to less hardened targets in outlying communities.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    Our activist AG intervened and in my opinion, overcharged Chauvin by pursuing 1st degree murder charges. In light of the circumstances, there’s a reasonable possibility that Chauvin will walk. There will be riots and mayhem regardless of the outcome, my gut feeling is the rioters focus will shift to less hardened targets in outlying communities.
    No, it won't be rioting. It will be full blown war at that point. They'll go from burning and looting to openly shooting it out with cops and murdering every person who fits their description of an enemy. Then, Ibram Kendi may get his "Department of Antiracism" after all.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    OP, this might be a good time to consider moving. I'm sure the Twin Cities are nice and all but...
    My thoughts too. I have sister that lives there. Single mother with 5 children. For the life if me, I can't figure out why she continues to stay there?

Feedback Score
    Not really looting season. I’m surprised I didn’t try to start the trial a month ago so they get most of it done during the winter time.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    If they do pillage and rape; I’m just wondering how the talking bobble heads will spin it to blame it all on those nefarious Trump supporters...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast