Thread: Hot Times on the Border! 4 With Names Matching Terrorist Watchlist Nabbed Since OCT!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hot Times on the Border! 4 With Names Matching Terrorist Watchlist Nabbed Since OCT!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-peop...185510827.html

Mohammed is a common name I suppose.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep... there is a s*** ton of Mohammeds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yep... there is a s*** ton of Mohammeds.
    To be fair, there are fewer than there used to be....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    They were IMMEDIATELY released, right? We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, after all.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    They were IMMEDIATELY released, right? We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, after all.
    I work for the same agency, just on the northern border.

While I get your post, do understand that a lot of these watchlist “matches” are not really matches. If someone has a common name, I’m sure you’ve had a random person send a friend request on Facebook (or insert whatever social thing you use), thinking you were someone else. If you have a real common name, it may happen A LOT.

Similar situation, and I say that without going too far down the rabbit hole. Let’s say an agency is looking for Mohammed Y, a bonafide terrorist. Now, being his is a terrorist... maybe we just have his name. Now, Mohammed X Y comes back to the US, after making a delivery in Canada. US citizen, legitimate truck driver, and in this scenario... furthest he could possibly be from a terrorist. Technically... that IS a match. Needs to be looked at, but once X Y is found to not be said terrorist, yes... he should be immediately released (I tend to thank them for their patients, especially if they are a US citizen). Even though we still are portrayed as an agency that puts kids in cages... I don’t know too many officers that want to hassle legitimate travelers anymore than necessary.

In those circumstances, I don’t really know of a traveler that got pissed over it. When it comes down to it... most accept to be questioned and held up for a little bit, as the alternative is... set up for another 9/11.

But to go back to my original statement... there is a s*** ton of Mohammeds. No sarcasm, just real world experience.