Thread: Trijicon MRO - Housing Question

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Trijicon MRO - Housing Question

Is it normal for the windage adjustment dial to be off center in the housing like this? Seems odd to me.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's unusual don't remember noticing it being that off center. There's an MRO for sake here in the EE, and it's perfectly centered. I'd be calling Trijicon.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I sent that photo to Trijicon and the response I received was:

"Thank you for the pictures. That appears to be normal. Compared to the unites I have in front of me." with the following photo attached. That doesn't look the same at all to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    I sent that photo to Trijicon and the response I received was:

"Thank you for the pictures. That appears to be normal. Compared to the unites I have in front of me." with the following photo attached. That doesn't look the same at all to me.

It looks identical to yours.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    It looks identical to yours.
    Not at all. The material thickness on the thin side of mine is a fraction of that on the other side, look again at the two locations below.

I’m not at all concerned about the aesthetics. I just want to be sure that the durability isn’t compromised by this “defect,” because with less material in that one area, i would think that the dial could be more susceptible to damage if an impact occurred there.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 02-27-21 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know what is behind that dial, but I might also be concerned about the sealing for waterproofing. It almost looks as if the dial is tilted in the housing.

I have several "generations" of MROs. The older ones have noticeably more material in the circle around the dial than the new ones. All have less material toward the front of the sight than to the rear. On my newest iteration (about a month ago), the aluminum at the front edge of the protective circle is about 0.049" thick; at the rear edge is about 0.070. But, it looks considerably more symmetrical than yours does.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    Not at all. The material thickness on the thin side of mine is a fraction of that on the other side, look again at the two locations below.

I’m not at all concerned about the aesthetics. I just want to be sure that the durability isn’t compromised by this “defect,” because with less material in that one area, i would think that the dial could be more susceptible to damage if an impact occurred there.
    Now I see it. It is noticeably different. Maybe a late Friday afternoon long holiday weekend piece?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    It's that way for the same reason 99% of all AR lower receivers aren't the same thickness on either sides of the mag well.. It is machined from a forged chunk of aluminum. The dial in the picture Trijicon sent you isn't centered either just not as far off as yours.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    It's that way for the same reason 99% of all AR lower receivers aren't the same thickness on either sides of the mag well.. It is machined from a forged chunk of aluminum. The dial in the picture Trijicon sent you isn't centered either just not as far off as yours.
    I get that, however, there has to be a tolerance limit for how off-center it can be. With mine, if it were another 1/64" to 1/32" off, there would be no material at all on that side of the dial, which clearly would be unacceptable.