Thread: Rounds for M203 40mm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Rounds for M203 40mm

I’m waiting for the transfer of a LMT m203 40mm. Of course I can’t get the high explosive rounds but want some more information on rounds that I can buy and use in this.
    I bought this originally for fun at the range, but I think I’m going to give it a try for hog hunting as a back up in the thick brush. I want a round that has stopping power. I originally wanted the 12 ga masterkey but could not find one so though the 40mm with buckshot would do the trick.

Now to the questions. I’ve been looking on www.reloadableshells.com for 40mm rounds. They have a little bit of everything. I’m thinking buckshot would be the best, but I’m open to suggestions. Anyone have the cannon, judgment day, tri cannon, or the 410 shot shell adapters reloadableshells sells? The shells are only about 4” long so I didn’t know the velocity out of these and the weight of the payload. I want something more effective than just a 410 judge with a 2” barrel that’s mounted on the bottom/end of my gun.
    I would just like to hear some feed back on what you use.

Also, anyone have experience with the 22lr adapter? I see they offer a 12 round rifled barrel and 18 round smooth barrel shell for the 40 mm. What’s the velocity of these? Spread and bullet tumbling issues? Effective? What’s the range? How’s the power behind these?

Any accurate info would help. I have only found a few websites with good info on the 40mm and it seems that’s there is a lot of misinformation about the rounds and or lack of information on the 40 mm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    https://txmgo.com/ usually has a good supply of trainer rounds. I’d be apprehensive using an under mounted 40 as my backup for pigs but you do you. I haven’t seen 40 buck lately.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    https://txmgo.com/ usually has a good supply of trainer rounds. I’d be apprehensive using an under mounted 40 as my backup for pigs but you do you. I haven’t seen 40 buck lately.
    Too slow of a transition? Unreliable? Just seeing what your thought process is with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Too slow of a transition? Unreliable? Just seeing what your thought process is with this.
    IMO yes slow to transition. I’d rather have a pistol in .41+ caliber. And sourcing the buckshot loads might turn into an issue. I wouldn’t trust the .22lr hornet nest adapters against a pig. And if you’re gonna use a caliber conversion in a 40mm why not just begin with a gun in that caliber to begin with. Also if you just want cool guy points for saying you killed a pig with a bloop tube, those are only given for HE rounds.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 06-24-21 at 11:30.