Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Civil War Vs Current Day USA Article - Worth The Read

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In both Spain and the USA the Right's response was the same: an executive "autogolpe." That's what Insurrection Day (1/6/21) was about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    In both Spain and the USA the Right's response was the same: an executive "autogolpe." That's what Insurrection Day (1/6/21) was about.
    C'mon man, don't play into that "insurrection" bullshit. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth. That was hardly an "insurrection". It was a protest that took an ill-advised turn; not condoning it, but couldn't be further from an actual "insurrection".

Now a riot? Oh it absolutely became a riot once that line was crossed. If you applied the Left's logic (and I use that term very loosely) then we had an "insurrection" all summer long. But we know that's not how it was/will be portrayed.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-27-21 at 11:01.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    So which side are you going to be on? Hitler or Stalin?

Franco is stuck on the Islands unless Hitler lends him 50 or so Ju-52s that allow the Moors to reinvade Spain... about the same time as Kristalnach and Nazi Gun Control laws were grinding the Jews down.

Madrid and the Republicans fall unless the Soviet supply ships arrive... Stalin worked this in while purging, gulaging and starving a few million Ukrainians into the dust.

January 6, 2021 was much more in line with Trotskyist factions, if we are drawing Spanish parallels. Both have the hallmarks of useful idiots. Are you one of those?

I expect there are enough folks on M4C that understand the weak pedantic nature of this Spanish Civil War parallelism.
    Antony Beevor’s Spanish Civil War is certainly readable and might help you get some perspective.
    And pray tell what was November 3rd? More of a Stalinist faction? i.e. "He who counts the votes" type of thing?

Right or wrong, November 3rd led to January 6th. I don't think there is a parallel in Spanish history.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    C'mon man, don't play into that "insurrection" bullshit. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth. That was hardly an "insurrection". It was a protest that took an ill-advised turn; not condoning it, but couldn't be further from an actual "insurrection".

A protest occurs where people want to be heard. If it devolves into violence, it could properly be called a riot.

But when the executive assembles a group, and directs them towards a legislature that is counting the votes in an election he has lost, and exhorts them to stop said counting, that's an insurrection. More precisely, it's an executive coup; Spanish speakers call it an "autogolpe."

Feedback Score
    A protest occurs where people want to be heard. If it devolves into violence, it could properly be called a riot.

But when the executive assembles a group, and directs them towards a legislature that is counting the votes in an election he has lost HAD STOLEN, and exhorts them to stop said counting, that's an insurrection. More precisely, it's an executive coup; Spanish speakers call it an "autogolpe."
    Now that is buying hook, line, and sinker into the Left's narrative. That's NOT what Trump said.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that is buying hook, line, and sinker into the Left's narrative. That's NOT what Trump said.
    CNN! Hook, line and sinker!

Trust me Uni believes Putin wrote the words Trump said! After all, MSNBC!!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Esq - I never saw that link; where did you post it?
    Was right around Christmas I think, lemme look....

Ooops, was right around Thanksgiving- here you go-

https://www.m4carbine.net/google.php...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

I even linked to the report itself. It is long, but a good read. The way that modern societies collapse etc...is not an unknown- we have many examples if people will only take the time to do a little research. When you do, the parallels are scary. Does that mean it MUST happen and in Exactly the same way? Absolutely not. But, it shows you that it certainly can and has happened.
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-01-21 at 09:40.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    So which side are you going to be on? Hitler or Stalin?

Franco is stuck on the Islands unless Hitler lends him 50 or so Ju-52s that allow the Moors to reinvade Spain... about the same time as Kristalnach and Nazi Gun Control laws were grinding the Jews down.

Madrid and the Republicans fall unless the Soviet supply ships arrive... Stalin worked this in while purging, gulaging and starving a few million Ukrainians into the dust.

January 6, 2021 was much more in line with Trotskyist factions, if we are drawing Spanish parallels. Both have the hallmarks of useful idiots. Are you one of those?

I expect there are enough folks on M4C that understand the weak pedantic nature of this Spanish Civil War parallelism.
    Antony Beevor’s Spanish Civil War is certainly readable and might help you get some perspective.

I'd much rather be the masses caught in the middle and murdered with impunity by the warring factions. That makes sense.

Sometimes, you HAVE TO CHOOSE and neither side wears the Roy Rogers White Hat.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You realize who you are talking to right? He's the forum dunce on all things technical because it goes right over his head.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

But when the executive assembles a group, and directs them towards a legislature that is counting the votes in an election he has lost, and exhorts them to stop said counting, that's an insurrection. More precisely, it's an executive coup; Spanish speakers call it an "autogolpe."
    lol

If it was an "insurrection" like you claim, there'd be a lot of special Congressional elections happening soon.

As well as someone asking for money to rebuild Washington.

Now, I know you like to be the troll that posts up the stupid shit of the left, but really...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast