Thread: Help me finish this build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Help me finish this build

This is an old 300blk build made from a pile of parts that were purchased on deep discount over the years. It's a low cost, highly reliable beater gun that was used just for fun - basically banging steel out to 100yards and might get tossed in a backpack for camping trips. It used to be complete with an original KMR handguard. But the part was overkill for this pistol and got used on a lightweight high end build.

Here's what you're looking at:

Upper:
    BCM4, Aero BCG, Faxon 7.5" 300blk barrel & GB, Colt CH (currently held on with a spare Colt barrel nut), some linear comp.

Lower:
    Aero M4E1, Colt LPK, Magpul MOE with home stipple job, Pistol tube with Blade brace (Might change this out to an SBA3 setup I have in the parts bin).

All I really need the handguard to do is protect the gas tube and possibly offer a sling mount. I was thinking about just getting. a BCM QRF but I don't think I need or want a 7" handguard. All I really want is something long enough to cover the gas tube, which would be about 4.5".

Does anyone know of a decent quality handguard that would do that job? I've been struggling to find one.

20210226_112229.jpg
    Last edited by Bullz; 02-26-21 at 10:46.