Thread: Help me finish this build

Feedback Score

Help me finish this build

This is an old 300blk build made from a pile of parts that were purchased on deep discount over the years. It's a low cost, highly reliable beater gun that was used just for fun - basically banging steel out to 100yards and might get tossed in a backpack for camping trips. It used to be complete with an original KMR handguard. But the part was overkill for this pistol and got used on a lightweight high end build.

Here's what you're looking at:

Upper:
    BCM4, Aero BCG, Faxon 7.5" 300blk barrel & GB, Colt CH (currently held on with a spare Colt barrel nut), some linear comp.

Lower:
    Aero M4E1, Colt LPK, Magpul MOE with home stipple job, Pistol tube with Blade brace (Might change this out to an SBA3 setup I have in the parts bin).

All I really need the handguard to do is protect the gas tube and possibly offer a sling mount. I was thinking about just getting. a BCM QRF but I don't think I need or want a 7" handguard. All I really want is something long enough to cover the gas tube, which would be about 4.5".

Does anyone know of a decent quality handguard that would do that job? I've been struggling to find one.

20210226_112229.jpg
    Last edited by Bullz; 02-26-21 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The PWS rail might be your best bet, https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-7133
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I put together a 300BLK pistol and couldn't find the handguard I wanted in the right length. I ended up getting an ALG EMR and cutting it off. I wasn't using open sights, and the spacing of the holes and solid metal allowed a smooth end. I dressed the end to give it a smooth appearance and touched it up with a paint pen. Now I have a solid handguard with a minimal gap to the suppressor.

Outside the box isn't always a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    SLR ion lite mlok. They have them from about 3 inches up in .25 increments. I'd go with a 5.5 or a 6 but that's me.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Wrapped up work early today and pulled a 7" LWRC rail off another gun just to see what the quad rail was like. Here's what that looks like:
    20210226_162829.jpg.
    This doesn't look half bad to me... might get that QRF. I'll mull it over the weekend.

The PWS system says it doesn't work with DI guns. That rail looks fantastic otherwise.
    I love SLR, but with about $350~$400 in the gun, I don't want to put $200+ in a handguard. Arbitrary line in the sand, but I'm sure you understand. Those options look great otherwise.
    I've also considered the idea of cutting down a handguard... I don't know which one I would use as a host. My personal preferences go quadrail, keymod, whatever else, mlok.

I do appreciate the replies. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    What's the thought on these things? I know some people have some beef with LaRue, but aside from that? I don't think I'd mind chopping down a $70 Rail if it came to it.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ny-handguards/

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullz View Post
    What's the thought on these things? I know some people have some beef with LaRue, but aside from that? I don't think I'd mind chopping down a $70 Rail if it came to it.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ny-handguards/
    People don't like Mark LaRue. The producers are second to none. That is a rock solid rail.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help . I ordered the LaRue LAT 7". I also added a MBT 2 stage trigger to the order. I run G NMHS triggers in my competition guns... not apples to apples, but I'm very curious how it compares.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The custom build area is a place to show off/discuss and ask questions and get feedback about your completed custom build
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons