Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magazine Springs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used the same 5 HK P7M13 mags for over 10 years.....they were loaded (when not in use) for 99% of that time......they saw roughly 90-100K rounds across the 5 mags. I had to refurb one of them as a result of a sheared lug and the guts from that mag went into another mag body and are still in use. The mag springs are still strong enough that people bitch when they have to load them. I don't know what voodoo HK put in those mags, but they're worth every chicken that was sacrificed.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Keep in mind that many police departments do not use training mags. Officers use duty mags for training by shucking all the duty rounds out then jamming training ammo in. For the entire service life of the pistol. They are seeing a lot of compression and decompression in their service life.
    Yes Sir. Each QUAL, Deputies qualified with what was in their gun and mags plus the few left over for a total of 50.
    Issued a new box of duty ammo until next time. Ammo rotated and see if magazines had issues.

Honest story, 1 guy was having jamming issues, FTF, FTE and FTFire. In checking his Sig 226 9mm I found IMPACT 3D reman ammo in his gun and magazines. He had hoarded old ammo we used years ago and shot up his duty carry ammo.
    He was sent home to retrieve all of the 9mm he had. He was carrying this old reman ammo on duty. He was sent to remedial training and if I could have gotten away with it he would have written an essay on the reasons why certain ammo is used and not safe for use or 1000X's WHY WE DON't. Act like 2nd graders. ADMIN was not happy with him and seriously considered decommissioning him to jail, corrections.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234