Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Springs

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Seriously doubt you actually shoot very often otherwise you would be aware that yes... They do wear over time and with use.
    I have about 12 gen1 pmags that have been fully loaded since 2008, that all still function 100%. I also have several Glock mags that have been loaded for about 5 years, also 100%.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why keep mags loaded? For instance, my EDC pistol. The only mags I keep loaded for it are the one in the gun, and the one in the spare mag holder. Range mags are always unloaded, and I have a reserve stash of about 10 more, unloaded.

None of my ARs are employed for protection, so I have no AR mags loaded. My home defense PCC has only 2 of its mags loaded.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Why keep mags loaded? For instance, my EDC pistol. The only mags I keep loaded for it are the one in the gun, and the one in the spare mag holder. Range mags are always unloaded, and I have a reserve stash of about 10 more, unloaded.

None of my ARs are employed for protection, so I have no AR mags loaded. My home defense PCC has only 2 of its mags loaded.
    Why?

Because there may not always be enough time to sit down and start loading mags and grabbing empty mags and then boxes of ammo is a waste of time.

It's not always about an intruder. Although low(er) priority sometimes there's things like riots, looting and natural disasters.

1a.
    (Depending on the laws in your state) It's easier to hand someone a firearm and a few loaded mags in case of emergency. If it's someone near and dear and youre not home you can always say the firearm is located in such and such a place. The mags are in a (pick a color) can or a bandolier or.....

I don't differentiate between range and edc mags. They're all the same...all OEM. The few none OEM mags I do have all came with the purchase of the gun.

Sometimes laziness kicks in extra hard and it's easier to grab a dozen loaded mags for next day's class than it is to sit and load them the night before

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 03-04-21 at 06:39.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why keep mags loaded? Simple, to save precious time should I ever need them. My carry guns and defensive long guns all have several mags loaded, they aren't of much use otherwise...
    Last edited by Captains1911; 03-04-21 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Why?

Because there may not always be enough time to sit down and start loading mags and grabbing empty mags and then boxes of ammo is a waste of time.

It's not always about an intruder. Although low(er) priority sometimes there's things like riots, looting and natural disasters.

1a.
    (Depending on the laws in your state) It's easier to hand someone a firearm and a few loaded mags in case of emergency. If it's someone near and dear and youre not home you can always say the firearm is located in such and such a place. The mags are in a (pick a color) can or a bandolier or.....

I don't differentiate between range and edc mags. They're all the same...all OEM. The few none OEM mags I do have all came with the purchase of the gun.

Sometimes laziness kicks in extra hard and it's easier to grab a dozen loaded mags for next day's class than it is to sit and load them the night before

For this to work you would also have to have a shower gun, toilet gun, pillow gun and a gun mounted under each table. Or at the very least carry your weapon 100% in your house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    For this to work you would also have to have a shower gun, toilet gun, pillow gun and a gun mounted under each table. Or at the very least carry your weapon 100% in your house.
    wait... you dont!?
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't need one next to me, just close by. And even if they're all in a safe it's still faster to open the safe and get one firearm than it is to start loading mags.

I don't carry in the house and I don't need one in every room. Setup depends on the layout of your house/property

Feedback Score
    I don't need one next to me, just close by. And even if they're all in a safe it's still faster to open the safe and get one firearm than it is to start loading mags.

I don't carry in the house and I don't need one in every room. Setup depends on the layout of your house/property

I felt like it was more likely some thugs would smash in a door or window, and be on top of you before you know it than an army come for you and you need everything you have got.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I felt like it was more likely some thugs would smash in a door or window, and be on top of you before you know it than an army come for you and you need everything you have got.
    Probably but still need loaded mags for that.

As for the army....well did you sleep through this past summer?

Feedback Score
    Probably but still need loaded mags for that.

As for the army....well did you sleep through this past summer?

I am blessed to live in a small city where there is not enough violent people to facilitate a large riot, and I don’t think the police here would allow themselves to be controlled by a bunch of thugs. I don’t think they would put up with it. I sleep well, but I didn’t do any traveling though to avoid mobs blocking the interstates in large cities. As for somebody breaking in my door, I keep a shotgun in the corner by the bed in cruiser ready mode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast