Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fired a Glock today -- pleasantly surprised. NEW UPDATE: Glock is the new EDC!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I ignored Glocks a for a long time because everybody had one then finally bought a Gen 4 G19 to see what the hype was about. No hype, Glocks do what they do very well. I liked it enough but upgraded when something that was objectively better for me came along (Walther PPQ).
    Should have tried the gen 5 it’s a lot different!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockycharms View Post
    Should have tried the gen 5 it’s a lot different!!
    The Gen 5 is what sold me on GLOCK's. Never owned one until I handled a 19x. I have bought several and swapped the first ones with the half moon cut-out. I have settled on the G45.5, G48 MOS and G21.4. May look into a G17.5 MOS for a lonesome RMR06.
    Oh BTW, Wife has her G19x I keep forgetting about.
    Last edited by RWH24; 03-14-21 at 19:11.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Gen 5 didn’t exist yet when I had already moved on to the Walther PPQ.

Feedback Score
    Glock's latest revision of the Gen 5 9mm lineup is pretty amazing. Accurate, reliable and super lefty friendly. I have several now that I wouldn't part with and a G19.5 resides in each our our go bags.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A few of my Glock buddies have moved over to the Sig P320 platform. Decades long glock shooters have completely moved over to the P320s, shoots better and feels better to them.

I can't afford to swap all the glock stuff I have over. Something to try out before buying glock.

The Gen 5s do seem to be more accurate to me.

Feedback Score
    Spent years avoiding Glocks. The Gen3s were uncomfortable in my hands and I was also spiteful of the Glock cultists who told me the only truly combat worthy gun on the planet was Glock. The Gen4 fit my hands better, but I still didn't want to jump on the Glock bandwagon. I tried the 1911, the P229, M&P45, and then decided to go with a 9mm. I considered the PPQ and the VP9, but figured I couldn't pass up Blue Label prices, so I got a Gen4 19. That became my EDC for a couple years and I loved it. Then I got a Gen5, and it had all the little details I myself would have improved about the Gen4.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    UPDATE:

Glock has indeed replaced M&P9 for EDC. I now have a G17, a G19, and a G21.

The big G21 is going to be the range toy. I can reload .45 dirt cheap and it will be the fun gun.

I'm going to EDC either the 17 or the 19. The M&P is sold and it's now Glock around the clock. Nothing wrong with it, but oddly enough, even though I've carried and shot the Smith for over 2 years, I shoot the Glocks better right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    UPDATE:

Glock has indeed replaced M&P9 for EDC. I now have a G17, a G19, and a G21.

The big G21 is going to be the range toy. I can reload .45 dirt cheap and it will be the fun gun.

I'm going to EDC either the 17 or the 19. The M&P is sold and it's now Glock around the clock. Nothing wrong with it, but oddly enough, even though I've carried and shot the Smith for over 2 years, I shoot the Glocks better right out of the box.
    I took my newest Glock 19 through Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol in June of 18. It performed flawlessly, and I've carried it constantly ever since. It's almost the perfect pistol.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12