Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Guns

Feedback Score

Ghost Guns

This seems to be all the rage since the Democrats what to ban them. Realistically are they actually a problem (assuming that you are in favor of gun prohibition)? Just how practical is it for the average person who has no specialized equipment to build one of these things? Assume a workbench, a simple toolbox (wrenches, screwdrivers, hammer etc. The sort of things found in the beginner tool set you would find in a hardware store) and a power hand drill. As for skills lets assume low (can do simple household jobs but unfamiliar with power tools and has none except for the drill. So how would this person go about building an AR from an 80% receiver and parts? Is it even cost effective? How many guns would you have to manufacture to recover your costs?

Feedback Score
    They are only a problem for big brother and their control agenda.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I think it's important to understand that gun control groups have almost unlimited resources because of people like Mike Bloomberg, and they have multi-million dollar marketing firms that test the terms they use.

If you notice, they all use the same terms.
    Common sense
    Military style
    Weapons of war
    Ghost guns
    Universal Background Checks
    Red flags laws
    Gun safety laws

Most people who aren't gun owners and even the Fudds when asked shouldn't we have common sense gun safety laws?
    When you use these terms you don't have to defend the constitutionally or even how they would work.

As to ghost guns, that's a scary term for the unaware.

It's easy to get public support when they make claims that criminals and terrorists can easily get ghost guns etc.

Getting back to the expense, you only need a couple of things. A work bench, a drill press and time.
    The 80% lowers have jigs that show you where to mill and drill.

I haven't built on because anything made with a drill press that I make would have some tolerance issues, but I've seen some good mill jobs.

Now that 3D printers are getting better and plastics are stronger gun control becomes more moot5.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My question is really aimed at the practicality for the novice. So all you need is a drill press and nothing else? What quality drill press? Some are table top and some are heavy precision machine tool types.

Feedback Score
    You can do it with a sub $100 drill press from Habor Freight.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Practicality depends on how good you are with your hands. Building things. If you can't cut paper in a straight line with scissors you probably screw up the 80% receiver. I know I would

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Every home finished 80% lower I have seen looks like a rat chewed it. If I wanted a ghost gun I would just buy a rifle from an individual. If they ban them it isn't going to matter if the rifle has a serial number or not when you get caught with it. "How many guns would you have to manufacture to recover your costs" If you are planning on breaking the law you shouldn't be discussing it here. It is not legal to convert 80% lowers and sell them.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone here actually built one of these things?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mlberry View Post
    Has anyone here actually built one of these things?
    I have built P80 "glocks". I have a couple forged 80% lowers, haven't built one yet. I have a small mill, so I'm thinking it won't be any trouble. I might grab more if they come available at reasonable prices. If the laws go to hell, I'll be a criminal anyway. Might as well go all in at that point.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    The gov doesn't like them because they can't control them and they want to control every aspect of everything...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast