Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire Time - AT vs AS

Feedback Score
    Have you looked into Falken Wildpeak ATW3’s? They are all the rage these days in the PNW where wet conditions and if your in the right place snow and Ice is a concern. I picked them over the BFG AT’s and absolutely love them. I use them on my 90 4Runner and off road it. They have been great in all off road conditions and also on road handle great and are quite.

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI if you are a USAA member, you can get like 20% off Goodyear tires. I saved $200 on a set of Duratracks for my Tacoma. I’m switching from BFG’s because I’m planning on selling the truck in a couple months but can’t safely keep rolling the tires I have.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    Just an FYI if you are a USAA member, you can get like 20% off Goodyear tires. I saved $200 on a set of Duratracks for my Tacoma. I’m switching from BFG’s because I’m planning on selling the truck in a couple months but can’t safely keep rolling the tires I have.
    Memory holed Goodyear already?

Reminder: Don't buy goodyear.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...wed-themselves
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 03-01-21 at 23:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific5th View Post
    Have you looked into Falken Wildpeak ATW3’s? They are all the rage these days in the PNW where wet conditions and if your in the right place snow and Ice is a concern. I picked them over the BFG AT’s and absolutely love them. I use them on my 90 4Runner and off road it. They have been great in all off road conditions and also on road handle great and are quite.
    Another vote for Wildpeak AT3Ws. I run them on my Cherokee Trailhawk in the PacNW. They seem to be a very solid blend of off-road useful, good on the highway since I have a 50 mile round trip commute, and they have been great in the snow and ice. They are pretty quiet on the roads too. When I lived in a snowier area and drove cars I had winter and 3 season tires. My last Audi wore Continental Sport Contacts for 3 seasons then would be swapped out for Continental WinterContacts for the snowy season. Blizzaks have been the standard for years, but I thought the WinterContacts were better from driving with both.

If you don't want to swap tires, a good set of either AS or ATs with the "Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake" logo will be the best bet. Most OEM tires, outside of the sports cars and high-line brands, are hot garbage tires designed for fuel economy and low road noise.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Memory holed Goodyear already?

Reminder: Don't buy goodyear.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...wed-themselves
    The need to put my truck in Auto 4WD (quasi AWD) to accelerate in the rain since day one with the OEM GY tires took the brand out of the running early on.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-02-21 at 06:58.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Double

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Northwest Georgia here, so similar conditions. I've run KO2s on my 2014 4Runner and they were okay. They were terrible in the wet, just would not hook up. They were confidence inspiring on rocky forest service roads and that sort of thing. They got really loud after about 35k miles. I got 50k miles out of my set before deciding they were too sketchy in the rain.

I'm currently running Michelin Defender LTXs and they are about as boring as a tire can be. They are kind of ugly, but they are extremely smooth and quiet, and have the best wet pavement traction of any tire I've used. I currently have 20k miles on them and they're at 9/32nds depth (12/32nds new).

I've had the Michelins in the snow on the road here and they do extremely well. If you look at the tread design you'll see they use tons of siping which is why they do so well in wet and snow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123