Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Recommended series (TV)

Feedback Score
    Kin on AMC+ is pretty good so far, im 5 episodes in. This Irish accents are thick so turn on the closed captioning.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    Rogue Heroes, WW2 SAS origin story on Epix. Based on a book. Really solid so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickh46 View Post
    Rogue Heroes, WW2 SAS origin story on Epix. Based on a book. Really solid so far.
    I've really enjoyed the first few episodes of this. I believe it was mentioned a little earlier in the thread, but Peripheral on Amazon Prime has been excellent so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    House Of Dragons

The prequel to GOT. S1/E1. I'd say E1 was good, and from the first episode, suggests the series has real potential:

https://www.hbo.com/house-of-the-dragon
    You know the original GOT was good, this new House of Dragons, not so much.
    If they wanted black characters in the script, well, you really have to go back to GOT and correct that.
    You just can't wake up Woke one morning and decide suddenly we need to hire black actors. Then insert them without a back story in to the new series.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    You know the original GOT was good, this new House of Dragons, not so much.
    If they wanted black characters in the script, well, you really have to go back to GOT and correct that.
    You just can't wake up Woke one morning and decide suddenly we need to hire black actors. Then insert them without a back story in to the new series.
    There were 2-3 episodes that were good, the rest were ok to meh at best. The woke aspects were annoying, but didn't ruin it for me like that POS LOR spin off on Amazon. The original GOT was great, until they ran out of material, and it was meh also. The last season I try to forget ever happened, and I have alternative ending in my head.

In my ending, Cersei is set on fire then gets eaten by dragon, vs having some bricks dropped on her head. Talk about a stupid ending the baddest baddie of the whole damn series. Ugh.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickh46 View Post
    I want to get the free trial of Epix so I can watch this, then cancel Epix. The first episode is free on Amazon, so I did see that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tokyo Vice on HBO is pretty good..I think Michael Mann directed...granted I only watched 3 episodes before free week ended but I was impressed....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I want to get the free trial of Epix so I can watch this, then cancel Epix. The first episode is free on Amazon, so I did see that.
    I made this mistake. They're only releasing one episode a week, so I'd suggest waiting until all the episodes are out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Tokyo Vice on HBO is pretty good..I think Michael Mann directed...granted I only watched 3 episodes before free week ended but I was impressed....
    I have HBO and this series is excellent. So good in fact I got angry when the episodes ended and I would have to wait for another season.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'll check out Tokyo vice.

What ever happened to the new Miami Vice movie that there ws some buzz about months go? Don Johnson and much of the crew kind of thing? Id watch it no matter what.

We've been diggin' Skandi detective series in the last few years, Border Town, Deadwind..... these are Finnish but also a few Norwegian ones ("Occupied" for sure.... must-see and relevant.... again).

Have I mentioned Lillihammer? This is one's a major hoot, starring Stevie Van Zandt.... one of Springsteen's guitarists and generally well known rocker and guest star on Sopranos. The first few episodes are kinda slow, but... have faith., there's a payoff (ehr, not the Mob kind).

Now... last night..... the wife and I had been talking recently about our scuba diving days and then she put on an old episode of Seinfeld where Lloyd Bridges guest starred as a cranky old fitness buff. After that I said dang, I'm gonna watch an episode or two of Sea Hunt if I can find it.... And yup, they're all over YT. That was a bit of fun. We do that once in a while, find an old series and binge on it.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast