Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended series (TV)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Letterkenny for all the priceless one liners and goofy canadian drinking/hockey humor
    “No. It’s too complicated; it’s like algebra. Why do you gotta put numbers and letters together? Why can’t you just go f**k yourself?”

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Started "Bosch" on amazon prime pretty decent so far and seems they did some homework for accuracy.

"The Boys" on prime is a great spin on the super hero franchise as it sheds some light on what really would happen if supers were running around.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    “Bad Blood” based on true Montreal mobsters. Kim Coates is great.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6423364/
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Mr Inbetween, an Australian dark comedy series. There’s two seasons, I’m hoping for a third.
    A whole lot of story with great acting in a 30min show.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Loved Mr Inbetween, sadly I don't think there will be a 3rd season.

Feedback Score
    Whoever mentioned Ted Lasso, thank you. Little salty language and some near nudity, but good enough for high school kids. Six episodes in and it is just a good, light hearted comedy with a positive message. No having to pay attention to every little detail or plot twist. Plus, I just watched the episode with the benefit where they pulled in a street musician to play music. Good old blues rock, searched it up and the guys name is Cam Cole. Reminds me of going to Mike and Min's down in Soulard 25 years ago.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another plug for Raised By Wolves (Ridley Scott). Has a Prometheus/Covenant vibe to it (not the same but that vibe). Actually season one pretty entertaining and creative Sci-Fi. Last episode really threw me for a loop and need to see upcoming season to make sense of it.

Still a fan of Westworld even after season 2 and 3. It provides good Sci-Fi entertainment.

Think we need more good Sci-Fi (space related, like Firefly) series with some good budgets. Would love to see something in the Predator or Alien universe become a several season series that go into some origin-stories.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Damn "Counterpart" is good. I love well written and acted shows. So tired of the no plot interest, all special effects, under acted dribble coming out no days. Well done. Getting lots of time to see stuff while babysitting an inmate in the hospital. 12 hours in a hospital chair sucks.

Well did a little digging on "Counterpart" and it appears there will not be a 3 season because they feel the audience is too "male" for their female pushing agenda.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 03-14-21 at 00:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm still stuck on 'Firefly', best TV series ever.
    First of all... THIS. It will never be equaled.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I hear a reboot/sequel is in the pipeline. They will F it up I expect.

I don't watch much TV. All Netflix dvd. Just finished season 1 of Magnum P.I. It hasn't aged that well.
    This is good to hear. Like you, I think they'll screw it up. The writing on the original was perfect. Nowadays, every single show is required to be centered around a gay couple, and racial inequality... Also, the original actors were a perfect fit for the characters, and they have all gone separate ways. To anyone interested in Audible books, I have listened to all the Firefly books out, and they have the same exact feel as the TV series. It's almost as if you are listening to episodes of the show.

Cop shows.

Longmire
    Blacklist
    The Shield
    Justified
    NCIS
    Criminal Minds
    CSI Miami
    Chicago PD Good other than the interjected PC crap.
    Hawaii 5-0 Both the original, and new. Good other than the interjected PC crap.
    Magnum P.I. Both the original, and new. Old is better. Good other than the interjected PC crap.
    S.W.A.T. Both the original, and new. New is good other than the interjected PC crap.
    NYPD Blue. Good other than the interjected PC crap.
    The Rookie. Good other than the interjected PC crap. By now you're starting to see a trend with all the modern shows...

Military themed shows.

Seal Team
    The Unit
    Vikings
    The Last Kingdom
    Black Sheep Squadron
    Rat Patrol (Kill a tank with a Ma Deuce baby!)
    Combat
    China Beach

Various

Chicago Fire
    Chicago Med
    The Good Doctor
    Resident Alien (hilarious)
    The walking dead. Don't know why I still watch it... but I do.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Back to this...

Anybody watch Queen of the South, the USA Network series about the woman cartel boss? 4 seasons done and the fifth and last starting soon.

Looks decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast