I'm assembling a home defense weapon/general purpose system using an 8.5" 300 blk as the platform with an Omega 300 suppressor. I have some questions, as there is little real estate on this weapon and compromise may be necessary.

1) LASER + OPTIC + BUIS: Should I run an optic with an illuminator? I am resolute on running the laser but do I really need all three (laser, optic, BUIS) since this is going to be a CQC/CQB system? Would I be better off with just a set of quality fixed sights to back up the laser? Running all three seems redundantly redundant and eats a ton of my top rail.

2) WEAPON LIGHT: I'm thinking a TLR-1 since I can easily get a dual switch for the torch and the laser and the TLR-1 seems like it would take up less real estate. Are there better alternatives that have a low profile and accept a dual pressure pad without adapters? Also, where should I run the light? I'm right handed and was planning to run it top/front (shadow down) with the laser on the 3 o'clock, pressure pad on the 9 o'clock. Would that make sense?

3) VERTICAL FOREGRIP: I strongly prefer VFGs. Foregrips with an integrated light would be helpful and save me some real estate; however, most look like toys. Are there any durable/tested/good ones out there?

To be clear, I can concede accessories on this system; however, I cannot concede the laser, light, and foregrip. I'm just trying to fit all of this on a short gun. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian