Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supply starting to get a little better?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Supply starting to get a little better?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Brownells this last week and was surprised on what was in stock-

Brownells 18" SPR barrel (made by Faxon)

White Oak 18" SPR barrel

ADM AR15 Mount

Colt Extractor Springs

Magpul BUIS sets

MLOK sling stud mounts

QD sling swivels

SOLGW 13.7 Barrel

Most MecGar pistol mags (Sig 226 and some P35 mags excepted)

Scattergun 2 shot Extension

Now, there are lots of things people look for obviously and everyone has their "own thing" they are doing but I was able to order 100% of what I was looking for and it seemed like there was stock on other things. Even LPKs- now, maybe not the EXACT one you are looking for but there were a few decent quality options available. Some of that stuff has been pretty sparse for months now, I was pleasantly surprised.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    How much ammo did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Guys, real talk, are there other industries where wait times are insane like firearms? Joe Chambers has on his site that custom 1911 builds take 36 months (LMAOOOOO) What a joke. The extremely in demand Ford Bronco takes less than half that time to get a custom order from the factory. You know - for an entire SUV. Not just a little pistol.

I have quite a few hobbies. Motorcycles, cars, watches, bourbon*, and recently even chainsaws. I can't think of a single time I've ever gone to buy anything related to any of those categories and someone was like "Yeah uhh, I know we announced that new product at our annual show but we don't plan on shipping that to anyone outside of paid shills on youtube for like a year. Sorry" Imagine going to buy an Akrapovic exhaust and they were like "Yes, we'll take your money and shipping will be in 16-46 weeks".

Nightvision, firearms, lasers, thermal (come on dudes! I'm trying to give you $6,000! Just make the thing!) Everything is always backordered for ages. And this isn't a recent 2020 election thing either. I can think of plenty of instances when times were good and I wanted a BCM upper, but they only had like four uppers available to ship on their site. Noveske has been backordered consistently for like 8 years.

Regards,
    Mr. Take-My-Money

*I know bourbon takes a minimum of 5 years to produce, but I don't have to wait 5+ years to buy it.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 03-02-21 at 08:49. Reason: Gun companies are the worst.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think a car is comparable, because there are many different people at a factory that can customize a car, but for a gunsmith it's just one person.

The consumer facing nightvision sellers are tiny as well, they try to act larger than they are. There's one here in Jax Beach that is supposed to be one of the larger websites and it's just a handful of guys putting them together when the tube manufacturers decide to sell them some supplies
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 03-02-21 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have quite a few hobbies. Motorcycles, cars, watches, bourbon*,
    *I know bourbon takes a minimum of 5 years to produce, but I don't have to wait 5+ years to buy it.
    Found 2 bottles of Blantons at my local grocer the a week ago, totally made my day.

Back on topic, I see certain shops have things others do not. If I wanted another BCM or a Colt, I know a local gun shop that can still get them pretty regularly, granted the BCM's are around $1600-$1750 depending on configuration, Colt 6920, around $1100. There is another gun shop to the south that constantly has 80% of Glock models available. I can still get Winchester and Wolf Gold, but I'm paying $0.70-$0.80 a round for it. The market is not completely gone, but if you actually put effort in looking, you would be surprised at what you can find.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    If you have ever built a 1911 from scratch, you’ll recognize it can take well over 100 hours. The parts you want to select are done in batches so you may have to wait for those. Combine that with only two or three guys doing the work, you can assume maybe one gun a week gets completed. 52 guns a year, and hundreds placing orders.

Sure hire more help, control supply chains. Then what made you special is gone and you turn into Wilson Combat or Dan Wesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my AO guns, pistols, AR15's and the like are no problem. My LGS has walls of them on display. Ammo too, so much so they're advertising their ammo supply. The firearms are all reasonably priced, it's the ammo that's still stupid expensive. I mean cases of ammo blocking the aisles in the shop but at $1/round there's no way I'm buying.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think one thing to consider with firearms and related gear is legislation pertaining to such items.

Most other industries don't have to worry so much about sitting on inventory like firearms and related gear manufacturers do. When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars (possibly millions) worth of inventory that at any given moment can be made illegal an unobtainable by your primary customer base at the stroke of a pen, it becomes much more of a gamble to keep inventory levels at heightened levels..

..at least that's how I tend to look at it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I do think it's ridiculous to wait for simple accessories like slings, grips, etc..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    How much ammo did you get?

Don't need any.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Guys, real talk, are there other industries where wait times are insane like firearms?
    Yes my national box supplier ran out of paper their raw material for boxes, so a 5 day turnaround turned into 8 weeks. It's the supply chain, limited paper stocks went to the highest bidder which wasn't them. It's a limited number of containers and ships worldwide and a complete paradigm shift in buying habits across the globe. Sure ammo and firearms/parts in the US are part of it, but it's everything in some way or another. The only way to keep supply constant is to add $ as containers and ship rates are 5-10X normal for right now shipping. Booking later shipping is just 2-5X as expensive.

Raw materials and other goods (clothing) are getting pushed off ships for the BIG GUYS that are selling more (at a lower profit) with the pandemic. Amazon, Target, Home Depot and Lowes all have some slowdowns but are paying more to get product moving normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast