Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supply starting to get a little better?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Guys, real talk, are there other industries where wait times are insane like firearms? Joe Chambers has on his site that custom 1911 builds take 36 months (LMAOOOOO) What a joke. The extremely in demand Ford Bronco takes less than half that time to get a custom order from the factory. You know - for an entire SUV. Not just a little pistol.
    The two are not at all comparable. Ford's Dearborn plant puts out an F150 every 52 seconds. A "custom" job is just inserted into that production.

Joe Chambers isn't putting out a gun every 52 seconds, and he has to finish the guns of all the people in front of you before he can work on yours.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    Guys, real talk, are there other industries where wait times are insane like firearms?
    Randall knives have a 5-6 year wait.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The custom motorcycle builders are similar to the custom gunsmiths. Long waits, impossible part supply chains.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Don't need any.
    That supply chain isn’t getting any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    That supply chain isn’t getting any better.

I've been putting away ammo since the AWB of 1989. More when I had extra money and prices were good, less at other times. But, over time, literally decades,....it really adds up.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I've been putting away ammo since the AWB of 1989. More when I had extra money and prices were good, less at other times. But, over time, literally decades,....it really adds up.
    I don’t either. But looking at the supply of ammo available....well there isn’t any.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Guys, real talk, are there other industries where wait times are insane like firearms? Joe Chambers has on his site that custom 1911 builds take 36 months (LMAOOOOO) What a joke. The extremely in demand Ford Bronco takes less than half that time to get a custom order from the factory. You know - for an entire SUV. Not just a little pistol.
    The Ford Bronco is a mass produced assembly line vehicle.

Go sniff around for how long a ground up restoration with custom modernization on your favorite 50 year old muscle car will take and get back to us with this comparison.

Then go see what the wait time is for a "custom" let's say Dan Wesson Valor, that's probably a better Bronco analogy

Ah who am I kidding, the better Bronco analogy would be a "custom" factory stock Glock lol
    Last edited by Warp; 03-06-21 at 22:47.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12