Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shadow Systems DR920

I figured this deserves its own thread. Mods, please move to the MR920 thread if inappropriate.

So here it is! SHADOW SYSTEMS NEW DR920!

What is it? Basically it is their take on the Gen4 Glock 17. It is the same size and general shape and uses some Gen4 parts but is not an exact copy.

Probably the best way to think about the DR920 is as Gen4.5. It uses the original pattern slide release (non-ambi) but the barrel and locking block are Gen5 based. This means a Glock 19 or MR920 slide will fit. In fact the slide itself accepts the G19 recoil system but is extended to work with a G17 dust cover. I also notice that the firing pin is round and not rectangular as is also the case with Gen5 guns.

Otherwise, the gun follows the MR920 in that it has the same sort of rough "grip tape" texturing and uses the slide-on backstrap inserts. It also has the pin-on mag well and the built-in beavertail.

The optic cut is the same as that of the MR920. Same deep cut (and elimination of the extractor depressor) that will work with multiple optics.

The light mounting point appears to be Glock and not 1913. I guess I'd have preferred 1913 but I don't know if anyone really cares.

No rounds fired yet. I can maybe fix that this coming weekend.

In the meantime, let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice "Glock" for the money. Have been interested in one since they were announced, but the holes in the slide are a deal breaker for me.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Very nice "Glock" for the money. Have been interested in one since they were announced, but the holes in the slide are a deal breaker for me.
    This is the Elite configuration with threaded barrel and the ports in the slide. The Combat configuration does not have weight reduction ports nor threaded barrel.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a brief update.

I put three mags of CCI Blazer and one mag of Speer 147 Gold Dot through the gun this morning. Everything was shot on a B/C zone steel target. I didn't take any paper because the wind was blowing at the house. But it was calm and nice at the spot in the hills where I normally shoot. Go figure.

Anyway, there was no drama. I had already mostly sighted in my Holosun 508T by dialing the dot into the irons. After I got things refined I shot for group at 15, 25 and 50 yards. The gun works as expected. No problems of any kind noted using the Magpul mags that came with the gun nor with a factory Glock mag.

I guess the only "complaint" I have at the moment is that the barrel sticks out the end of my Blackhawk holster.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Are the sights too low to see through the RDS?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Tok, I don’t think I ever answered you about availability of the DR. I was wrong. There’s only MRs at my LGS.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Are the sights too low to see through the RDS?
    I can see them in the bottom of the Holosun window. They won't be visible with a Leupold Deltapoint Pro.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Tok, I don’t think I ever answered you about availability of the DR. I was wrong. There’s only MRs at my LGS.
    No worries. Thanks for the circle back.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I can see them in the bottom of the Holosun window. They won't be visible with a Leupold Deltapoint Pro.
    Thanks. Think you could see them through a Trijicon RMR type 2?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Thanks. Think you could see them through a Trijicon RMR type 2?
    I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast