I figured this deserves its own thread. Mods, please move to the MR920 thread if inappropriate.

So here it is! SHADOW SYSTEMS NEW DR920!

What is it? Basically it is their take on the Gen4 Glock 17. It is the same size and general shape and uses some Gen4 parts but is not an exact copy.

Probably the best way to think about the DR920 is as Gen4.5. It uses the original pattern slide release (non-ambi) but the barrel and locking block are Gen5 based. This means a Glock 19 or MR920 slide will fit. In fact the slide itself accepts the G19 recoil system but is extended to work with a G17 dust cover. I also notice that the firing pin is round and not rectangular as is also the case with Gen5 guns.

Otherwise, the gun follows the MR920 in that it has the same sort of rough "grip tape" texturing and uses the slide-on backstrap inserts. It also has the pin-on mag well and the built-in beavertail.

The optic cut is the same as that of the MR920. Same deep cut (and elimination of the extractor depressor) that will work with multiple optics.

The light mounting point appears to be Glock and not 1913. I guess I'd have preferred 1913 but I don't know if anyone really cares.

No rounds fired yet. I can maybe fix that this coming weekend.

In the meantime, let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk