Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt SAA

Feedback Score

Colt SAA

Finally bought my first Colt Single Action Army. Made in 1979, 7 1/2” barrel, .45 Colt caliber, colour cased. Looks almost new except for a couple of small handling marks. Paid $ 1300 which I think is reasonable, most of them here (Switzerland) are advertised for quite a bit more.

And I already have a few boxes of ammo for it

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wow - that's a beauty!

Feedback Score
    Beautiful SAA. You did good on the price. I paid a bit more for the few I have, and thought I did well. Now you just have to get into black powder reloading, it's a blast! (pun intended)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That thing is amazing. I have one just like it, well it looks like it, it’s .22LR. But it has C.O.L.T. Click of the hammer. Nice stash of ammo too.

Is it missing a screw for grips? That is a great price. I see them for $2,500.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-04-21 at 12:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That thing is amazing. I have one just like it, well it looks like it, it’s .22LR. But it has C.O.L.T. Click of the hammer. Nice stash of ammo too.

Is it missing a screw for grips? That is a great price. I see them for $2,500.
    PB
    Is that one of the New Frontier model .22 revolvers? Those are sweet! I had one a long time ago, and would love to replace it.

Do us a solid, and post a pic of yours when you have time.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Is that one of the New Frontier model .22 revolvers? Those are sweet! I had one a long time ago, and would love to replace it.

Sure man, I’m flying home from Utah. But I have a couple, I’ll post up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I know I wasn’t asked, but who can resist looking at Colt single actions lol. My collection of four Colts. The others are Rugers or Uberti.

3317AE9F-4DDF-4B85-A3A2-CB7AAA352BE4.jpeg

Feedback Score
    Also, OLIAR15,

You may as well start saving up for your next one now lol.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    That looks great!
    I've got a few clones, but would love to get an authentic one. Already reloading (including some black powder substitute, which yes, isn't the same) so I can feed the hungry beasts.

Yours looks like it's interchangeable with the "7th Cavalry" model I have, it looks so good. Well done!

Feedback Score
    I took it to the 25 meter indoor range and shot about 70 rounds in two different sessions. Tried one-handed and two-handed, one-handed being quite difficult for me since I’ve hardly ever shot like that in the last 30 years. It shoots a bit left for me, not much I can do about it except aiming right.

Not a precision or match gun but lots of fun though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast