Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt SAA

Feedback Score
    Not bad at all for your first time out with a SAA at 25M. They definitely take some getting accustomed to the grip, non-centered trigger, small sights, and long hammer throw time. Your target looks about how mine looked at first as well. With practice you will get a feel for what works best for you with your gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That thing is amazing. I have one just like it, well it looks like it, it’s .22LR. But it has C.O.L.T. Click of the hammer. Nice stash of ammo too.

Is it missing a screw for grips? That is a great price. I see them for $2,500.
    PB
    There is just one screw across holding both grip panels, like many revolvers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermedic View Post
    I know I wasn’t asked, but who can resist looking at Colt single actions lol. My collection of four Colts. The others are Rugers or Uberti.

Attachment 65332
    Very nice guns you got there, thank you for posting them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermedic View Post
    Not bad at all for your first time out with a SAA at 25M. They definitely take some getting accustomed to the grip, non-centered trigger, small sights, and long hammer throw time. Your target looks about how mine looked at first as well. With practice you will get a feel for what works best for you with your gun.
    Glad you mention it, why is the trigger off centre?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Glad you mention it, why is the trigger off centre?
    As far as I know, it is just because that is how the lockwork inside is arranged. the trigger is offset to the left since the trigger is next to the cylinder bolt mechanism. It is less noticeable on my Rugers since they have a wider trigger. I think it is just more apparent on the SAA since they do not have a wider trigger (widened to the right) as do the Rugers.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Is that one of the New Frontier model .22 revolvers? Those are sweet! I had one a long time ago, and would love to replace it.

Do us a solid, and post a pic of yours when you have time.
    Here goes :

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12