Thread: RFI: PPU (Prvi Partizan) M193 5.56

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

RFI: PPU (Prvi Partizan) M193 5.56

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I’m not as interested in the relative performance of the loaded ammo as I am the quality of the brass for reloading. I reload Prvi brass in other calibers and have always been impressed with the quality, but I’m not familiar with their 5.56. The head stamp is ‘PPU 16’ at 12 o’clock and ‘5.56X45’ at 6 o’clock.

Thanks,
    Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PatEgan; 03-02-21 at 13:43.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    PRVI has always been reliable and sturdy ammo. Only so much you can get out of a 55 gr FMJ, but I'd be happy having that ammo in the stash.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks Mark. My intent is to use it as training ammo and reload the cases for some 77 grain Nosler CC loads I want to work up.

Best,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    7.62x51 PRVI brass is good stuff, haven't loaded their 5.56. I would expect that to be good quality also but I can't verify.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    Thanks Mark. My intent is to use it as training ammo and reload the cases for some 77 grain Nosler CC loads I want to work up.

Best,
    Pat
    When I load 77s, I try to sort off LC brass if I want good repeatability. But if you end up with enough of any one kind of brass, it makes for a little more consistency.

With PRVI brass, I never had enough to batch it up. So I always just ran it into my mixed brass for 62gr bullets.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ah, got it. I was given 200 rounds of the above ammo, so it should at least provide a good test bed for initial impressions, if not something to work up other 77gr. CC loads.

Best,
    Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It might be my loading/reloading habits, but tend to loosen out the primer pockets quicker on my PPU brass, both 7.62 and 5.56.