Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New barrel

Looking to get a new barrel, I have been looking at a Faxon barrel 18 or 20, rifle length gas tube wylde chamber 5r rifling 1 in 8 twist, faxon is out of stock is there any other good place to check or another option just as good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ballistic Advantage is also out of stock at their company page.

Personally, I was looking at the Criterion CORE 20” barrel earlier today. Not in stock, but on the way.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Faxon was the worst barrel we ever shot. Pappabear bought a thin profile/light weight version. We could never get it to shoot after running it for like 300-400 rounds. He sent it in to Faxon because the accuracy was poor, and they told him it looked like 10,000 rounds had been through it.

Bad QPQ/melonite job is our best guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Faxon was the worst barrel we ever shot. Pappabear bought a thin profile/light weight version. We could never get it to shoot after running it for like 300-400 rounds. He sent it in to Faxon because the accuracy was poor, and they told him it looked like 10,000 rounds had been through it.

Now had that barrel been a SOLGW barrel you'd get a free new one.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Pretty much every barrel worth owning is out of stock.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I shoot Bison Armory Barrels. Have a Wylde and a 6.8 SPC. Nice groups and no issues. They have barrels in stock. Just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t know about a lot of barrels but I stick with Colt and Daniel Defense if I have the option and have never been let down.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

I had a similar expense. I'm done with budget barrels.

Feedback Score
    I have had good luck with my 20" Faxon .308 barrel that I bought 5 years ago. Shoots moa and nary a problem with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Same here. Absolute POS! It was all over the place - barely hit paper at 50 Yds. Not kidding.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast