Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFE Pistol powder?

Feedback Score
    So what do you do when you find load data (.25 acp, CFE Pistol) but the data is for a 50 gr FMJ bullet when I have 55 gr LEAD bullets?

I would assume since lead bullets are easier to push, one could use the same data. But not if it was the reverse situation. Yes, No, it depends?
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-22-21 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Pure lead or lead alloy? Either way I would start at the suggested starting load and work up from there if desired.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A lead bullet should use less powder/at lower pressure for same velocity with same bullet weight- lead having greater "lubricity" than gilding metal of jacketed bullet.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've had great luck with it. I'm finishing an eight pound jug, starting another one, and I have one left on the shelf. I've loaded thousands of 45ACP ball ammo to standard velocities, 38 Super to moderate velocities, and 9mm loads to full pressure. I don't shoot bullseye, so I don't know how it compares when trying to eke out the tiniest groups possible, but I'm happy with it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Pure lead or lead alloy? Either way I would start at the suggested starting load and work up from there if desired.
    I dont recall I'll have to check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    55 gr .251 no crimp groove BHN15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12