Thread: FN GP 34 - 1943

Feedback Score

FN GP 34 - 1943

I saw this gun in the classified a few weeks ago and I could just not resist. It is a 1943 FN GP 35 (Pistole 640b) built under the German occupation, in pretty good condition considering its age and imagining where it has been and what it has seen. It definitely has some patina and scars. If these things could talk.

I bought it from a private seller and had him ship it to my LGS. I picked it up yesterday. Paid $ 980 for it, the LGS was green with envy and told me it’s easily worth double that, which is not too relevant since I don’t intend to sell it in the next 20 years or so.

My little FN GP35 family. 1979, 1952 and 1943

Edit : messed up and can’t edit the title, GP 35, not 34
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 03-02-21 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I read the title and thought I’d missed something for the last 40 years. : )

Always been a big fan of the P35, particularly one thats had trigger/sight work.
    Lovely old gun you acquired. If it could talk indeed.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    I saw this gun in the classified a few weeks ago and I could just not resist. It is a 1943 FN GP 35 (Pistole 640b) built under the German occupation, in pretty good condition considering its age and imagining where it has been and what it has seen. It definitely has some patina and scars. If these things could talk.

I bought it from a private seller and had him ship it to my LGS. I picked it up yesterday. Paid $ 980 for it, the LGS was green with envy and told me it’s easily worth double that, which is not too relevant since I don’t intend to sell it in the next 20 years or so.

My little FN GP35 family. 1979, 1952 and 1943

Edit : messed up and can’t edit the title, GP 35, not 34
    Very nice....you didn't buy it from a guy in PA did you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Very nice....you didn't buy it from a guy in PA did you?
    No, I live in Switzerland

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    No, I live in Switzerland
    Lol, I guess not. My wife's uncle had a FN Browning High Power that has German proof marks that he brought back from WW2, it was in decent shape and unfortunately before he passed he gave it to a nephew.... I should have snagged it or made an offer.

Feedback Score
    Always loved P35s! Currently down to just two---a 1978 9mm polished blue fixed sight pistol that I carried every day for 12 years when I managed gun stores here in L.A. California and a rather rare MK111 9mm with factory installed SFS trigger system---both are superb shooters...