Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which sight(s) are you using on your dedicated NV carbine?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Source: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/P...8878/#i5422567

So, for a dedicated night gun, there is a strong argument to be made for the EOTech, I guess. I personally run a CompM5 on a Scalarworks 1.93", as my laser-equipped rifle is intended as a jack-of-all-trades, rather than a dedicated night gun (also have a RAID-X with a TAPS Sync); I might get a dedicated no-light CQB gun down the line, but it seems unlikely for now. I also have adjustable RMRs at 1200 on my LPVO guns, so they are still NVG capable, even though they do not have any lasers yet.
    That's a good point about how night dedicated your guns are.

I'm my case all my guns are NV capable, but only one is NV optimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    At this point I no longer run what I would call dedicated NV carbines but consider them as my primary carbines and they get run as such. Nothing in the set up changes for day or night use. I'm mainly running Aimpoint T2s in the taller Unity Micro Mounts with MAWL's and MODLITEs. I have one rifle set up with an EOTech and full power PEQ15 but it has the least amount of use. Unity Riser under the EO and supported by a Surefire Vampire for additional IR and a MODLITE.

Waiting on a Vortex 1-10 that will get a tall Badger Condition One mount for a 14.5" patrol carbine. I will support it with a MAWL and offset closed emitter RDS of some kind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless you're going to try for passive, which I wouldn't recommend, you can use whatever you would normally. My Mk18 upper has a PEQ15A for nods and an Aimpoint with cowitnessed fixed irons. I have a Surefire M600V wired into the PEQ with the dual lead remote.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    That's a good point about how night dedicated your guns are.

I'm my case all my guns are NV capable, but only one is NV optimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that is a very good point.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, lots of excellent information.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I wear a 14 over my L (weakhand) eye. On my 10.5 inch I run an Aimpoint M4S, and my PEQ.

I can use both eyes with the cap down on the Aimpoint for a "passive" but it isn't good for much range, and I might as well just hit em with light at that kind of range. Laser vis or IR is also available if I don't care about light/IR discipline. I need to work out better solutions for myself since I am obviously geared up for "young guy" fighting, but I don't fit the demographic. Good thread.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For passive I have an MRO and I have no complaints. I just got a Scalar Works 1.93 mount so I hope it helps with head position/neck strain. Haven’t had a chance to mount and zero it yet.

Active, is DBAL A3. So far I have done 90% of shooting under NODs using the laser. Mostly because the lower 1/3 mount was just too damn uncomfortable to use.

I’m running DTNVGs so, dual tube.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Source: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/P...8878/#i5422567

So, for a dedicated night gun, there is a strong argument to be made for the EOTech, I guess. I personally run a CompM5 on a Scalarworks 1.93", as my laser-equipped rifle is intended as a jack-of-all-trades, rather than a dedicated night gun (also have a RAID-X with a TAPS Sync); I might get a dedicated no-light CQB gun down the line, but it seems unlikely for now. I also have adjustable RMRs at 1200 on my LPVO guns, so they are still NVG capable, even though they do not have any lasers yet.
    Which mounts are you using with the LPVO and RMR ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Which mounts are you using with the LPVO and RMR ?
    48mm Spuhr mounts (so ~1.89"), with the RMR plates that screw right into the ISMS holes.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12