Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Rifle Tactical Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Black Rifle Tactical Gas Tubes

Howdy,

I run suppressed on a few rifles exclusively. Some have Gemtech SBCs some dont. Some have mini cans some have full size cans. Some are 16” some are 10.5”. I always shoot quality 5.56 but sometimes Wolf Gold (even though it is horribly inconsistent - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...h-testing-pics )

BRT has a million choices which to select. Barrel length, bolt carrier, ammo used, etc.

How reliable is BRT in selecting the correct gas tube size for reliable use (but also effective at reducing over gassing)?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The preset tubes are available for the most popular configurations.

On the configurable tubes, we get sizing correct on the first try better than 95% of the time.

When an adjustment is required, it is almost always due to some weird components being used.

There's over 100 comments in the EZTUNE thread here.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...as-Tubes/page3

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    How reliable is BRT in selecting the correct gas tube size for reliable use (but also effective at reducing over gassing)?
    Pappabear had at least 2 spec'd by BRT, and they were spot on. The tubes are very effective.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just give him as much specifics and what you want. He should nail. I told him I’m going to run 100% and my gun almost has enough umph to cycle but not consistent. Which is what I wanted. I didn’t want to sacrifice reliability because I run shit dirty and dry way too often.

Mine where for LMT MWS guns which are gassed so the would run any countries shit dirty crappy surplus ammo, (is my guess) military grade weapons.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys. I’m always interested in ways to reduce gas that don’t involve set screws and moving parts.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm running two as well Euro, no complaints.
    The one on an 11.5" BCM barrel made a significant improvement.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The preset tubes are available for the most popular configurations.

On the configurable tubes, we get sizing correct on the first try better than 95% of the time.

When an adjustment is required, it is almost always due to some weird components being used.

There's over 100 comments in the EZTUNE thread here.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...as-Tubes/page3

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009
    Are these to stop/help reduce gas to the face? If so, I'm going to need 2!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I'm running two as well Euro, no complaints.
    The one on an 11.5" BCM barrel made a significant improvement.
    What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.
    I’m running the preset one for suppressor only use, on my 10.3” DD barrel. (.070” gas port.) There is virtually no gas to my face anymore, I shoot left handed too, and less recoil. It was the best upgrade I’ve ever done to a rifle.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have several BRT barrels and gas tubes. All have been perfect. The guns shot so smoothly that they feel like they are running too slow but I’ve run them all super hard and have had zero malfunctions. It took a little bit to trust How Clint works his magic but he’s got this locked.
    I don’t see a reason to build another rifle without a BRT barrel.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast