Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Rifle Tactical Gas Tubes

Feedback Score
    I haven't yet tried a BRT gas drive tube but it's in my future. My Brt 11.5" barrel runs smoother and less gassy suppressed than my BCM 16" does with the same can.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Are these to stop/help reduce gas to the face? If so, I'm going to need 2!
    @Clint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered a dedicated suppressed LMT carbine tube for a 10.5 I don't even have yet.
    I'll be using it with a CGS Helios QD (with closed endcap), which I also do not have yet. They sent 0.061... seems kinda... big? I'm sure it'll be leagues better than using the stock LMT configuration though!
    Last edited by KITTEN_FRENZY; 03-06-21 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.
    Accurate, timed rate of fire was increased 20%, “move and shoot” was all A’s rather than 60/40 A/C with the carbine jumping around less. That particular 11.5” BCM was grossly over gassed.
    By comparison I did nothing with an 11.5” Sionic’s upper. It was fine as received.

A 14.5” BCM barrel received one of Clints gas tubes as it was over gassed, but not as noticeably as the 11.5.
    There was not as significant improvement with this one.

This is all subjective obviously.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    I ordered a dedicated suppressed LMT carbine tube for a 10.5 I don't even have yet.
    I'll be using it with a CGS Helios QD (with closed endcap), which I also do not have yet. They sent 0.061... seems kinda... big? I'm sure it'll be leagues better than using the stock LMT configuration though!
    On BRT's website (IIRC) they state that the tubes are actually flowing about 0.002 LESS than they are sized. So your 0.061 tube will work like a 0.059 drilled gas port. That seems pretty small to me. For my unsuppressed 10.5 with mixed brass steel they sent a 0.073 tube. Which should flow like a 0.071 gas port. Cycles steel fine.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What sort of improvement did it make? I'm always looking to learn, and I haven't done any work with these.
    Bcm 11.5 here. Suppressed most of the time.
    Sprinco blue
    H2 or3 (can't remember and not at home)
    Gun was very jumpy and gassy

It now runs unsilenced, and with the silencer has almost no gas to face and recoils smoother than my centurion 14.5" mid.

I recommend them. Bcg speed was drastically reduced.

Euro- my sample of 1 is perfectly matched as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-10-21 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    My experience is they are on point with their port size selection.

11.5” Colt, A5-2, springco green. Dedicated suppressed with Gold Dot 223 ejection pattern ( not everything of course) is at 330. Will run unsuppressed but will only lock the bolt to rear on the last round in the newest and stiffest of springs in the mags.

It’s dreamy to shoot and on far targets or partials there is significantly less dot leaving the target.

#prettysurethatsbroken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12