Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Box search warrant???? Tiger Woods crash

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    You draw up warrants for run of the mil wrecks?
    I don’t work “run of the mill wrecks”

The wreck that Tiger was in may or may not get me called out, but if I had to work that wreck I would absolutely write it up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    I don’t work “run of the mill wrecks”

The wreck that Tiger was in may or may not get me called out, but if I had to work that wreck I would absolutely write it up
    Ahh gotcha. My buddy who works our vehicular homicide unit gets that info all the time too.

I thought you were saying that you were pulling it for regular wrecks that patrol guys take daily.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Since it’s a rental car, wouldn’t the rental company own the data? Wouldn’t they want to provide the data in case it could shift the cost from their insurance to Tiger Woods? Maybe their insurance company even requires them to provide the data.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    My opinion as an employee of a vehicle manufacturer, for single vehicle accidents where there were no external fatalities, leave it be. C
    ^^This^^ As collision reconstructionist on the call out list for eleven years I always hated standing in the poring rain with the total station poles for a sole occupant drunk into a tree. I always complained that the reconstruction is a criminal investigation and since we aren't charging the deceased driver then why am I getting rained on. Civil liability was always the answer because of the eventual pending law suits.

I'm guessing since Tiger was driving a brand new model SUV from a company that has never had a SUV model many are interested in the vehicle dynamics report. Additionally if one of the most popular golf players in the world can not recover from the crash to play golf again many sponsorship (contracts) will go away and monies owed could come into question. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 03-05-21 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Report is saying that Tiger was traveling between 84-87 mph when he left the roadway.

I'm still guessing he fell asleep due to a lack of braking and him saying he didn't remember the wreck.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I'm still guessing he fell asleep due to a lack of braking and him saying he didn't remember the wreck.
    This makes the most sense based on the news reporting and why the PD isn't concerned about the case. David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123