Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Box search warrant???? Tiger Woods crash

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There is so much data they can pull from the airbag sensors and computer it is mind blowing...especially in a newer vehicle.

Rimkus Consulting does a good job, but the manufacturer can pull a lot more stuff...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's pretty common to pull that kind of data for fatals or big press accidents. I don't work in our vehicular homicide unit but a good Academy buddy does. I've also seen it pulled for DUI accidents where people were seriously hurt or a crazy amount of property damage was done.

If it's true that there was no sign of braking or avoidance I would suspect Tiger fell asleep.

For single vehicle non fatal accidents I really don't see them pulling the info to find fault, it's pretty much always the driver's fault. Driving too fast for conditions, or in Az "driving to fast to avoid a collision". If for some reason they couldn't assign fault to Tiger I have a hard time thinking they would put in that amount of man hours to give him a probably 200 dollar citation.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    It’s objective evidence, it could just as easily exonerate the driver.

Feedback Score
    I deal with crash data daily, and obtain data from all kinds of passenger vehicles and CMV’s all the time. The news is making a big deal out of the fact that he was not accused of a crime in the search warrant application such as reckless driving, etc. The Driver Privacy Act of 2015 signed by Obama, requires a search warrant of owner consent for LE to access the data for the purposes of investigation.

The data on that brand new Genesis, which is of the Kia/Hyundai family, will be very nice and complete data, probably for at least 5 seconds, if not more, pre airbag.

My only complaint with Kia is they report in metric units.

As for those who think it isn’t worth doing on single vehicle crashes, it is so easy to do it’s not worth “not” doing it. Not every crash has good data, and it’s nice to have data and experience to build experience for when you have to do it the hard way. Rollovers can be tricky and you want as much experience as possible for the next crash, where a drunk dumps it at high speed and kills their passengers, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    I deal with crash data daily, and obtain data from all kinds of passenger vehicles and CMV’s all the time. The news is making a big deal out of the fact that he was not accused of a crime in the search warrant application such as reckless driving, etc. The Driver Privacy Act of 2015 signed by Obama, requires a search warrant of owner consent for LE to access the data for the purposes of investigation.

The data on that brand new Genesis, which is of the Kia/Hyundai family, will be very nice and complete data, probably for at least 5 seconds, if not more, pre airbag.

My only complaint with Kia is they report in metric units.

As for those who think it isn’t worth doing on single vehicle crashes, it is so easy to do it’s not worth “not” doing it. Not every crash has good data, and it’s nice to have data and experience to build experience for when you have to do it the hard way. Rollovers can be tricky and you want as much experience as possible for the next crash, where a drunk dumps it at high speed and kills their passengers, etc.
    You draw up warrants for run of the mil wrecks?
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    My understanding is that the road he crashed on is known for having quite a few crashes and fatalities. Might be a bad road.
    Just bad drivers. That road is wide, smooth, and very well maintained (rich area). The 'bad' about it is that it's just too easy to go fast on.

Feedback Score
    I just saw a report that Tyger says he doesn’t remember what happened before the crash, doesn’t remember driving. That seems like it would be enough to pull the data to find out what actually happened. I think it was just early morning, he was running late, and a road that has bit other people bit him. Sometimes a car accident is just an accident.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I just saw a report that Tyger says he doesn’t remember what happened before the crash, doesn’t remember driving. That seems like it would be enough to pull the data to find out what actually happened. I think it was just early morning, he was running late, and a road that has bit other people bit him. Sometimes a car accident is just an accident.
    If he doesn't remember what happened I can for sure see them pulling the info. Especially on a high profile case like this. Im still betting on he fell asleep.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    If he doesn't remember what happened I can for sure see them pulling the info. Especially on a high profile case like this. Im still betting on he fell asleep.
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of sponsors for Tiger want it to happen.
    The Face of your Brand cannot be an impaired driver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of sponsors for Tiger want it to happen.
    The Face of your Brand cannot be an impaired driver.
    They've already said there were no signs of impairment.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast