Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Romeo 5, really as good as it looks?

Feedback Score

Sig Romeo 5, really as good as it looks?

So most of my rifles wear LPVOs or Aimpoint Pros. I’ve had a couple of the PA knock off micro red dots and never cared for them, they were always too blue tinted or too dim. Ended up losing them in a move and haven’t missed them.
    Well I needed a red dot (like now) so swung by my local sporting goods store and they had Sig Romeo 5 on sale. Figured for $120 I’m not losing much until I can get another LPVO on order.

Imagine my shock when I get it home and it’s as bright as my aimpoints and crystal clear. Not only that but to my (astigmatic) eye it’s actually a more defined dot than the aimpoints too. It uses the same batteries as my LPVOs and larger scopes (big + to me), but the mount is absolutely trash.

So I put it on a DD mount and holy hell I am in love with this little red dot! I can’t keep from playing with it.

I’ve always figured they were just cheap aimpoint clones but this seems to perform as well as my PRO or issued M68. So what’s the catch? Is this thing going to fall apart or is it really as solid as it seems? I’ve never really screwed with Sig but this thing is very impressive.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just got a Romeo 4t because I liked all the features: 100k hrs, 7075 body, clear glass, friendly with my astigmatism etc.
    The Romeo 5 took a beating on a YouTube channel ( Alabama arsenal?) and I got a screaming deal on an opened box Romeo 4t. If the Romeo 5 can withstand all that abuse I’m pretty confident the 4t will be the same. I’m planning on putting a Romeo 5 on my sons 22lr AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    I just got a Romeo 4t because I liked all the features: 100k hrs, 7075 body, clear glass, friendly with my astigmatism etc.
    The Romeo 5 took a beating on a YouTube channel ( Alabama arsenal?) and I got a screaming deal on an opened box Romeo 4t. If the Romeo 5 can withstand all that abuse I’m pretty confident the 4t will be the same. I’m planning on putting a Romeo 5 on my sons 22lr AR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 4t has been good to me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have 4 Romeo 5's. They work great for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have 5 Holosuns, who manufacture the electronics for the Romeos, and they have all been flawless except for the first one that stopped changing brightness settings. Sent it in, and they replaced it with a much nicer model in a week.

Feedback Score
    I love my Romeo 5. I have 2 and will get more.

Feedback Score
    At the $120 price point and made in China, there might be a few duds but I don't have any complaints on the two I have for plinker guns.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    At the $120 price point and made in China, there might be a few duds but I don't have any complaints on the two I have for plinker guns.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I have to wonder.
    They compare well to the Aimpoints I own and have used in terms of brightness, and seem to be fairly durable.
    Eh, I guess we shall see

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have multiple Aimpoint T2’s M4comp....I like my Sig Romeo better than my cheapest Aimpoint. It’s clear and the dot doesn’t go from too dim to starburst like many dots do. It titrates up very well so you can get the light level just where you want it.

I’ve had no quality issues even though they have never gone into battle, save the T2’s for that. But I got tired of buying $600+ dots.

They recently made a newer, even cheaper RDS that looks ok. I did change the mount to Bobro or Geissele though which bumps the cost, still not anywhere near Aimpoint price.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-04-21 at 12:53.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Romeo 5's available for $115 with free shipping if anyone is interested.

https://www.bereli.com/sig-sauer-sor...gh-mount-only/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast