Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me buy a .45 ACP pistol that's not a 1911 UPDATE: G21 it is

Feedback Score
    I carried a Glock 21 for years on duty. It is as accurate for me as any 1911 i've ever owned, which includes a Les Baer.

I love mine.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Cz p10f .45
    Cz 97
    Hk45
    Sar k2 .45

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    HK45, I have one that I bought used and someone killed the decocker and did Gods work on the trigger. Then I put a short reset and mine is ridiculous. But a bone stock gun is great. Ultra reliability.

They make extensions to get mags up to 13+1. But for a fun gun the extra rounds don’t mean shit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    HK45 full size or compact (if you wanna LARP as a Navy SEAL) with light LEM trigger. Or a S&W revolver or Ruger convertible, or even an old Webley MK VI that's been shaved.

Feedback Score
    FN FNX 45 Tactical

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I thought about that. My EDC is the same gun in 9mm so it would make sense. On the other hand, I might want something different. Decisions, decisions.

And I shoot nothing but hardcast handloads in .45 so that might rule out polygonal rifling like Glock, HK.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    Cz p10f .45
    Cz 97
    Hk45
    Sar k2 .45

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

You said "COOL" not practical,,you can't change now,,,,,LOL !! I agree the best choice would be the Glock & then the M&P 2nd. The biggest decision is what can you find in your area,Gunbroker is always a option but finding a fair price is the key there ! Regardless on what ya get keep us posted for sure. If ya get the New G5 Glock isn't that a different rifling ? I know they call it the Marksman BBL or something like that. And right or wrong I have personally put 1000++++ of cast bullets through my Gen3 17 and a buddy that put thousands ++++++ of cast through his 40 & 9mm Glocks. He cast his own bullets and knows about what people "say" but we NEVER had any issues at all,take that for what its worth. Stick with something cool !!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    You said "COOL" not practical,,you can't change now,,,,,LOL !! I agree the best choice would be the Glock & then the M&P 2nd. The biggest decision is what can you find in your area,Gunbroker is always a option but finding a fair price is the key there ! Regardless on what ya get keep us posted for sure. If ya get the New G5 Glock isn't that a different rifling ? I know they call it the Marksman BBL or something like that. And right or wrong I have personally put 1000++++ of cast bullets through my Gen3 17 and a buddy that put thousands ++++++ of cast through his 40 & 9mm Glocks. He cast his own bullets and knows about what people "say" but we NEVER had any issues at all,take that for what its worth. Stick with something cool !!!
    Well, if "cool" is the metric then clearly a .45 Luger is the optimum choice.

https://lugerman.com/luger-45/
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I had a M&P 45 w/Apex Duty/Carry enhancement. Liked it a lot. Sold it after getting a Walther PPQ M2 45. Much better ergos and trigger. It's now my suppressor host at 12+1.

Two others that would be on my list, Sig P220 with the SAO trigger, and the HK45 in many flavors. Hard to picture either replacing the Walther though, especially with the price premium.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My dad has the walther ppq in .45
    Pretty nice, but for a fun gun I would probably go for a steel frame to soak up some recoil.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Well, if "cool" is the metric then clearly a .45 Luger is the optimum choice.

https://lugerman.com/luger-45/
    WOW !! Yes Cool is a understatement on those !!! I think I'll get 2 of the 3 inch bbl ones !!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast