Thread: Cleaning tiny casings

Feedback Score

Cleaning tiny casings

I got an RCBS media separator to remove media (corn and walnut) from tumbled casings.

Unfortunately the slots in the enclosed basket are too big for .25 acp casings and will fall out of the basket along with media.

Any ideas?

Modifications? Use a cat litter scoop? Is there a tighter basket I could put in the existing basket?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get some hardware cloth with 1/8” or 3/16” squares and line your basket with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    Get some hardware cloth with 1/8” or 3/16” squares and line your basket with that.
    Thanks, but I'll have to look up "hardware cloth". 🙂

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "hardware cloth"= “hail screen”.
    Comes in 1/4” from memory.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Just buy a vegetable strainer...

They're made out of screen that's fine enough not to let .25 cases fall through, but coarse enough to let media fall through.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Just buy a vegetable strainer...

They're made out of screen that's fine enough not to let .25 cases fall through, but coarse enough to let media fall through.
    My tumbler has a secondary, strainer-like top that gets 90%. Then I put the brass in a standard, plastic colander (like for spaghetti) and give a couple of tosses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs103 View Post
    My tumbler has a secondary, strainer-like top that gets 90%. Then I put the brass in a standard, plastic colander (like for spaghetti) and give a couple of tosses.
    The Hornady tumbler I have coming does include a strainer lid like you mentioned.

That plus a food strainer should take care of the issue.

If I end up not caring for the vibration tumbler and corn / walnut the next thing I'll try is wet tumbling without pins.

Thanks!

I still need to know which god rules over primers and pray / make offerings...