Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One Party Rule, Forever

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have believed for years that expecting to “change the system”, by working within the system, is an absurd notion.
    The “system” is too broken.

Really feels that if any change for the better is to occur, it will be at the end of a gun.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I have believed for years that expecting to “change the system”, by working within the system, is an absurd notion.

Really feels that if any change for the better is to occur, it will be at the end of a gun.
    I honestly think Trump was the closest we'll ever get to "changing the system from within" since he was a complete outsider.

But I do think the second part of your post is accurate.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    And this is also why the attempted hit on McConnell through his wife.
    https://redstate.com/michael_thau/20...l-gain-n337255

Yes, Mitch is dirty and the IG should have prison-bitched him LONG ago... but he's also a master of parliamentary dirty tricks standing in HR1's way, and if he can be forced out Beshear gets to appoint a Donk or RINO placeholder. Which means the R's have to elect a new Minority Leader, who won't have the mastery of the Senate Rules arcana available to throw monkeywrenches in the works.
    My thought EXACTLY when I saw that headline earlier today. They are pulling out ALL THE STOPS, literally, this is End Game stuff.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post

Soap Box (De Platformed at even the micro level)

Ballot Box (Stolen and now, Rigged as a Matter of Law)

Tell me, where are we now?
    The wi-fi box. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I am all for a fair open system, and if our side loses we lose. But "fair" is hard to agree on wit so much at stake. I'm looking for a good exit strategy. I got no kids, so call me an outlier, but voting with my feet is looking like a viable option.
    If you're really in UT...seems like you're already about in a as good of a 'vote with your feet' area.
    Unless you mean outside CONUS...
    But I hear ya.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 03-04-21 at 21:25.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

That won't happen. The people will never rise up as long as they arent starving and are placated by bread and circuses.

People are easily distracted, even in a place like M4C where people are supposedly more "aware". If you noticed there are 2, literally 2 different threads about some Tiger Woods car crash. This is how easily people are distracted by the news cycle.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 03-04-21 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

People are easily distracted, even in a place like M4C where people are supposedly more "aware". If you noticed there are 2, literally 2 different threads about some Tiger Woods car crash. This is how easily people are distracted by the news cycle.
    Is that really an example of people being easily distracted or just people talking about things other than politics. Politics everywhere gets old fast.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Entryteam; 03-05-21 at 08:27. Reason: gonna reword this and revisit the post later
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score

According to Mao that's where power comes from. Can't disagree unfortunately.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Is that really an example of people being easily distracted or just people talking about things other than politics. Politics everywhere gets old fast.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I've never really understood this.

Politics IS LIFE.

From the damn time you get up in the morning every day until you die and are buried your entire LIFE is ordered around political decisions.

How much water does your toilet use? The toilet paper you use-the timber used to make it, where did it come from and how was it harvested? How about the chemicals in your air conditioning system? The amount of money you take home. What your children are taught in school. How much are the taxes on the gas you use to go to work? The wood used to build your house- how much does the inspection of it add to the cost? How many airbags does your car have and what about the backup camera and the bumper strength and that little light near the back roofline that tells morons your vehicle is stopped?- How much extra did that add to the cost? How long do you have to work to pay for that? The shoes you wear- did you buy them online and not pay sales tax? The carpet you walk on- what is it's fire rating and again, how did that affect the cost of it? The apple you ate for lunch- what pesticides can be used to grow it, what labor force was used to harvest it, how many times was it inspected, how was the cost of it's travel throughout the retail chain affected by fuel taxes? Paper (deforestation) or plastic (Plastic pollution) or Burlap grocery bags (Would you like a side of Covid with that)?

EVERY GODDAMN THING YOU DO, EVERY SINGLE DAY IS POLITICAL.

People who ignore this fact, I'm sorry, I can't understand it. I really can't. It's why things are the way they are. People just "tune out". How about instead of "tuning out" with sports and other bullshit, you get PISSED OFF about it and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Then, maybe, you CAN tune out because the problem is solved- instead of ignored while you do mindless shit.....
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-05-21 at 10:30.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    The only sport I ever really watched was football. That was conveniently taken care of a couple years ago when all the kneeling for the Anthem bullshit started. Of course it only got worse in 2020. Haven't watched an NFL game in several years and don't miss it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast