Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone find anything more than one dot for RDS reticle too busy?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
    My first RDS was actually an EOTech with 65 MOA ring, but I realized I just felt too busy with the reticle and ended up going with Aimpoint PRO at the end.
    With astigmatism, that's EXACTLY what I thought about my EOTech. All those little dots get to "dancing" on me.

I've gone with Aimpoint ever since (11 years ago). Make mine ONE dot - small as possible, please.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    With astigmatism, that's EXACTLY what I thought about my EOTech. All those little dots get to "dancing" on me.

I've gone with Aimpoint ever since (11 years ago). Make mine ONE dot - small as possible, please.
    I've always gone with eotech over Aimpoint because of my astigmatism. My first rds was an Aimpoint comp m4 and the dot was blurring so bad it was like a jagged 70 Moa dot. For whatever reason, with my eyes, eotechs are clear as day. I can clearly see the 65 Moa ring and the hashmarks, which I like to use as a close range among point, and the small center dot, which is more than precise enough for a battle rifle, is perfectly clear to my eye, with maybe the faintest smudge at the highest brightness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me I felt like 65MOA and dot to be too much cognitive overload.

Feedback Score
    I like the Vortex AMG UH-1 reticle, with the triangle at the bottom for 0-25 engagements, but the sight itself is so large and heavy, and for $800, I could get a much smaller and more robust Aimpoint CompM5.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't really care for the EOTech reticle. I find it takes a simple concept and complicates it. The 65 MOA circle covers what I want to see unobstructed through the optic window, and detracts from the benefits that the larger window provides. A simple dot is less obtrusive to my eyes, and gives me all the information I need. If EOTech offered an EXPS3 with a simple dot with decent battery life, I'd consider it.

I know a lot of people love the EOTech under NVGs as well. I've tried it under NVGs and honestly thought it was worse under NV than it was in daytime use. The lowest setting is still too bright in darker conditions and washes out the image through the optic. My Comp M5 is drastically better under the same conditions.

I ended up selling my EXPS 3-0 to fund something else.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    If EOTech offered an EXPS3 with a simple dot with decent battery life, I'd consider it.
    You mean like the EXPS3-1?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You mean like the EXPS3-1?
    Well I'll be damned. I didn't know that was even a thing. I wonder if the reticle has any impact on battery life?

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like Aimpoints and a single red dot for my rifles, but I do like the Holosun 507 multi reticle crispness for a handgun RDS, not sure why but it works for me....astigmatism and glasses considered.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I like Aimpoints and a single red dot for my rifles, but I do like the Holosun 507 multi reticle crispness for a handgun RDS, not sure why but it works for me....astigmatism and glasses considered.
    I think it also has to deal with the size of the circle of the 507 series. (I have 507k) The "circle" on them is 32 MOA opposed to 65 MOA of EOTECH series.

I just use the circle like a really large dot. I know you are supposed to do similar with EOTECH too, but I find it to be too large to use like that unless I'm super close. (But then that may be the very reason why it's touted as the king of CQB)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve used EO and Aimpoint and I never found any utility in the 65moa circle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast