Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any reason not to buy an old aimpoint?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I ran CompM2's long after newer models came out. I upgraded as I went, and now I have all T-1's. Other than the shorter battery life, they'll serve you just fine.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    As long as it’s in decent shape, works and NOT stolen (how to prove that? Serial#?) then I say go for it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Aimpoint Comp M2 is no longer manufactured, but their website says, "Service is still provided."

https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpointr-compm2/

Edited to add: I think that is the website for Aimpoint in Sweden, not Aimpoint.us.
    Last edited by RKB Armory; 03-08-21 at 13:08. Reason: Additional information

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you find yourself buying an Aimpoint and need an excellent mount, let me know:
    (have several of these new at huge discounts):

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guessing that's the old style M68? If so that's a decent price, assuming it's in good shape. If it's the newer style M68 with the AA battery and integral mount, that would be a bargain (again, assuming good shape).

The part about it being guard though is a bit off putting. I've heard Aimpoint will confiscate anything that's on the missing list if it comes through their warranty department. Don't know if it's true or not, but that's the word on the street.

It IS possible that it was bought with discretionary funds and then sold by the unit to the guardsman who pawned it. But it's equally possible that it was either stolen outright or "liberated" by the person who was supposed to destroy it.

From an ethical perspective, what's done is done, and your tax money paid for it in the first place, so you have every right in my opinion to buy it and use it if you want. You just kind of have to accept the possibility that it might get confiscated if you send it in for warranty work. That being said, Aimpoints don't generally need to be repaired. It will probably still be going strong a hundred years from now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12