Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brownells Website Concern

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    I think they could easily allow 2 factor authentication for online purchases, if they wanted. For in-store purchases your ID should be checked. I don't remember the last time any store did that.
    I get how a card's info can be used fraudulently over the phone or online, but how do you do it at some place like a gas station or other in-person purchase? I would almost think the store's employees would have to be in on it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Skimmers. It’s a device that can be placed over the card readers where the customer swipes/inserts the card. It happens all the time. They can be super thin overlays that you really have to look for.

580C4FCB-A0ED-42E6-9091-BC4FECBD8B69.jpeg
    Last edited by Gabriel556; 03-05-21 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Problem is it doesn't seem like they even have a desire to go after the scumbags. One on of the many occasions I was talking to the fraud department of my CC I was like "Why don't you guys go after them?" The guy laughed! Hell, twice it happened was for purchases at gas stations.....they have cameras at gas stations! WTF? You could get a date/time and pic of the dirtball as well as license plate number. But no, we'll just write it off.

Buddy of mine's stepdaughter had fraud and they actually caught the scum because it was local. Some Mexican chick with a kid, had bought a TV with the stepdaughter's card info. The freaking prosecutor asked the stepdaughter if she just wanted to drop the charges because the scum had a kid and sending her to jail could be bad for the family!!! Can you believe that shit? I would have told the DA "You WILL throw the book at that bitch and I don't give a damn if her little nino starves to death.....THEN once jail is done send both their sorry asses back across the border!" Of course we know NONE of that would take place, but one can always hope!
    A few years ago I noticed a $10 charge on my credit card from someplace in NY. I called my CC company and reported it as fraudulent. While on the phone I asked the rep if they are going to go after them and he was like "for $10? Absolutely not, waste of time". So I did a little web research and found out that person/company has been doing that to many, many people for several years. They were stealing thousand upon thousands of dollars knowing that the credit card companies wouldn't pursue them for "$10" .
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    A few years ago I noticed a $10 charge on my credit card from someplace in NY. I called my CC company and reported it as fraudulent. While on the phone I asked the rep if they are going to go after them and he was like "for $10? Absolutely not, waste of time". So I did a little web research and found out that person/company has been doing that to many, many people for several years. They were stealing thousand upon thousands of dollars knowing that the credit card companies wouldn't pursue them for "$10" .
    Yeah but more often than not a small purchase like $10 is a "feeler" to see if they get shut down; if not then they pop a much bigger purchase.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12