I waited a long time to order this as it sounded too good to be true, but $700 fell into my lap the other day and I took it to be a sign. 3d Printed (actually "selective laser melted") inconel designed by the literal rocket scientists at Oak Ridge National Labs? Giving hearing safe performance with a full auto rating and almost no backpressure out of a can smaller and lighter than most 22LR suppressors? Yeah right, I thought.

But the can came in today, and I got a very quick conjugal visit after filling out the Form 4. Short version: it really is all that. I shot 5 shots of 55gr ammo out of a 12.5" barrel at a 10 yd berm from a covered shooting position with no ear protection, and was fine. No ear ringing or wincing at all. Read that again - that's crazy.

When shooting it against my 30 cal can I honestly couldn't tell a difference in the field. It was only when I played back the video with an immediate back-to-back comparison that I could tell a difference. The first round out of each sounds the same - but subsequent rounds through the 30 cal can (after the O2 was burned out of the can) were noticeably quieter (I would HOPE SO!!!).

But the Bantam has only 40% of the weight of the 30 cal can, and 34% of the volume. Zero first round pop with sound, but there was a flash for that first shot - just burning out the O2. Subsequent shots had no flash. And the rounds in the mag afterward looked just like rounds after shooting unsuppressed - which is definitely NOT the case with the 30 cal conventional can.

Here's a visual comparison: