Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's: Without Remorse (2021)

Feedback Score

Tom Clancy's: Without Remorse (2021)

I don't know. After the second season of Jack Ryan being a complete turd-show on Prime, I don't know if I trust them. So this would be Clark, right? After they killed of the real Clark in the new Jack Ryan series?

It looks like a good movie. I just don't think any of the Tom Clancy universe movies or books have been worth a crap in the last 20 years.

Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, and of course Hunt for Red October. Awesome. Wish they had done a mini-series on Red Storm Rising. Maybe with the 80s nostolgia and the rise of Russia they will do it- but I think they'd screw it up now. Since Ryan became POTUS, it has just lost it at the book level. The books got crappy, the movies (Sum of all Fears) got PC. That Prime Jack Ryan series had a pretty good 1st season, but they absolutely, totally, with no way to redeem themselves- jacked up the second season.

Someone better get put into a decom-pressure chamber, or I'm calling foul in the whole thing...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I don't know. After the second season of Jack Ryan being a complete turd-show on Prime, I don't know if I trust them. So this would be Clark, right? After they killed of the real Clark in the new Jack Ryan series?

It looks like a good movie. I just don't think any of the Tom Clancy universe movies or books have been worth a crap in the last 20 years.

Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, and of course Hunt for Red October. Awesome. Wish they had done a mini-series on Red Storm Rising. Maybe with the 80s nostolgia and the rise of Russia they will do it- but I think they'd screw it up now. Since Ryan became POTUS, it has just lost it at the book level. The books got crappy, the movies (Sum of all Fears) got PC. That Prime Jack Ryan series had a pretty good 1st season, but they absolutely, totally, with no way to redeem themselves- jacked up the second season.

Someone better get put into a decom-pressure chamber, or I'm calling foul in the whole thing...
    John Clark had Irish ancestors, not African. I know exactly why they picked a black actor: neomarxist virtue signaling. Zero interest. Hollywood can take their divisive, hate spewing ideology, and go die in a fire.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    William Dafoe was a pretty good John Clark, but I am a Tom Clancy fan and still read the books when they come out.

But changing a character to fit the PC mindset is ridiculous....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    John Clark had Irish ancestors, not African. I know exactly why they picked a black actor: neomarxist virtue signaling. Zero interest. Hollywood can take their divisive, hate spewing ideology, and go die in a fire.
    If John Clark were originally a black character and they changed him to be white, we'd never hear the friggin' end of it.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m the first person to roll my eyes at illogical inclusiveness in Disney Scandinavian-themed movies and Northern European fairy tales, but I don’t have a concern when an actor is cast in a movie set in present America, and it doesn’t create some jarring dissonance. Americans come in all stripes; the military reflects this. The backstory might be adjusted a hair, but frankly, plenty of black Americans have Irish ancestry, too.

A bunch of people got up in arms because an Asian woman has been contracted to pay “Katie” in The Terminal List. Who cares? As long as her story includes a family wronged by communists...it works.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’m the first person to roll my eyes at illogical inclusiveness in Disney Scandinavian-themed movies and Northern European fairy tales, but I don’t have a concern when an actor is cast in a movie set in present America, and it doesn’t create some jarring dissonance. Americans come in all stripes; the military reflects this. The backstory might be adjusted a hair, but frankly, plenty of black Americans have Irish ancestry, too.

A bunch of people got up in arms because an Asian woman has been contracted to pay “Katie” in The Terminal List. Who cares? As long as her story includes a family wronged by communists...it works.
    I don't think anybody cares specifically about switching the character from white to black. It's the obvious reason behind it that people are tired of: The never ending saga of woke-ness. If they were just taking creative license, nobody would bat an eye. If this movie was made 15 years ago, I don't think it would have raised any eyebrows because people weren't all up in arms over race.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 03-06-21 at 08:14.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looks good, but Without Remorse was a time period piece like a lot of Clancy's works. The "drug war" was just beginning to get underway, America was still heavily involved in Vietnam and the culture was different.

I'll probably watch it because I have Prime, but after the Jack Ryan debacle, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    What about Greer..... Karen Greer.....

Feedback Score
    I’m willing to bet all the antagonists are the mean old white guys with all of their power and white supremacy, too..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    I’m willing to bet all the antagonists are the mean old white guys with all of their power and white supremacy, too..
    All they need is a Germanic villain with a postage stamp sized moustache, maybe a beer hall.
    Who knows where this could go?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast