Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Revolver Love

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Some Revolver Love

I was posting some pics for the SAA thread and since I had the safe open, I thought what the hell:
    S&W 44mag

S&W 357

S&W 38sp

Colt Diamondback 38sp

I have a Dirty Harry... but just got thought enough is enough.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-06-21 at 16:49.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nice classic wheelguns!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Gracias amigo

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Elegant weapons, for a more civilized age. Nice hand cannons, thanks for sharing. Regards from an old wheel gun fan.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Again, thank you.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Excellent wheelguns PB.

I’d rather hunt hogs in thick cover with a revolver, than about anything.
    My experience is; a large bore, (.4X cal.) Keith type, Cast Semi Wadcutter will anchor about like a .308- given proper shot placement and 50 yds range.

Last edited by gaijin; 03-08-21 at 06:47.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Excellent wheelguns PB.

My experience is; a large bore, (.4X cal.) Keith type, Cast Semi Wadcutter will anchor about like a .308- given proper shot placement and 50 yds range.

Same here though I usually use an LBT style bullet. A 320 grain WFN out of a 7 1/2" Redhawk makes short work of them!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Truth. I've used CP WFNGC's with great success. The largest hog was over 450 lbs., taken with a Ruger Bisley and 310(?) gr. WFNGC at 1250 FPS.

I run a heavy for caliber bullet at 1100 + FPS usually as the skinny barrel, light(er) Mountain Guns I favor are unpleasant with a heavy/fast bullet.

I've yet to meet a hog that won't fall to the lighter, slower bullet. Fortunately.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Truth. I've used CP WFNGC's with great success. The largest hog was over 450 lbs., taken with a Ruger Bisley and 310(?) gr. WFNGC at 1250 FPS.

I run a heavy for caliber bullet at 1100 + FPS usually as the skinny barrel, light(er) Mountain Guns I favor are unpleasant with a heavy/fast bullet.

I've yet to meet a hog that won't fall to the lighter, slower bullet. Fortunately.
    I have an old 4" 29 and I actually shoot .44 Specials, loaded mid range, in it most of the time. Does the job and that "light frame" (Lol) doesn't take so much abuse- nor my hands! The short 29 packs a lot better than the Redhawk....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Excellent wheelguns PB.

damn, bang bang bang. Well done

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast