Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammunition: Who is making the $? Who is price gouging?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    It ain't getting shot I can tell you that much..... I was on the range on Sat. and Sunday this week. BEAUTIFUL 70 degree days- 400 member gun club. Had only two other guys show up in over 2 hours both days. Fine by me, an empty range is a safe range and there is less waiting around, cease fires etc.....
    I was at the (WMA) range Saturday and there were maybe 20 people there at one time. Most people popping in and shooting maybe a box of ammo and leaving during the time I was there. The 100M lanes are almost deserted. I was shooting 22 pistol, I always need to work on my handgun shooting.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-08-21 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I was at the (WMA) range Saturday and there were maybe 20 people there at one time. Most people popping in and shooting maybe a box of ammo and leaving during the time I was there. The 100M lanes are almost deserted. I was shooting 22 pistol, I always need to work on my handgun shooting.

Andy
    Is that a normal amount of shooters for that range/time, more, less?

Arik's post was interesting to me, I'm not seeing people shoot much here. Maybe a box or so once a month but that's about it.

My Church Security Team will be shooting this weekend. We are allowing people to run drills with .22 pistols- before quals.- warmups essentially, given the shortages. Several of the guys thankfully took my recommendation to buy a Glock 44 and a few bricks of ammo to heart before things got so stupid!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Arik's post was interesting to me, I'm not seeing people shoot much here. Maybe a box or so once a month but that's about it.

My Church Security Team will be shooting this weekend. We are allowing people to run drills with .22 pistols- before quals.- warmups essentially, given the shortages. Several of the guys thankfully took my recommendation to buy a Glock 44 and a few bricks of ammo to heart before things got so stupid!
    I don't know how much they actually shoot. Maybe a lot of people shooting one box. I just know that when there's something like 15 lanes and an hour long line I'm not waiting around

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There have also been a lot of new gun owners in a very short span of time. Over 5 million "new" gun owners in 2020, most coming in the 2nd half of the year. Over 4 mil background checks in January of this year and 3.3 mil in Feb. Not all of those will be new gun owners, but that's still a lot of market pressure in a short period of time. Coupled with COVID shutdowns worldwide, panic buying during the pandemic, Summer riots in the US and election...well, it's a perfect storm. Colion Noir interviewed the CEO(?) of Nosler just last week and there was some pretty good info in there. One point made was how many people see two boxes of ammo and only buy one right now. People are buying whatever they can, probably if they don't even own a gun that will shoot that caliber. I mean, are there that many people out there using single action 45lc or 45-70? Geez.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was at Burrow Canyon shooting park in SoCal (large outdoor range in the San Gabriel mountains). Checking zeros on a couple of AR's and trying to shoot groups with my 10/22. Busy but not super busy. On the rifle side there was maybe 50 people. On my right there was one guy with a single AR and 6 other people with him. His gun was jacked. He was using a front sight as a rear. Another guy with an AR and 3 other guys with him, had his scope too far forward (his front ring was on the rail) and the rings were 1" high. You couldn't even get low enough to get behind the scope. I tried to help both groups, and they seemed receptive. One guy even asked for my number so we could talk more. They all seem to have a bit of ammo. I was encouraged by the numbers on the rifle and pistol side, also the private bays. Haven't really gone to a LGS in months, don't know what's going on there.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My neighbor, a young lawyer with a family, who I have never seen armed, has been in his back yard recently with his wife and two young kids shooting a handgun and a .22 rifle. Caught me by surprise when I heard shots so close to my house.

Wife and both kids shooting.

At a humanoid target, not bullseyes.

I have a feeling that there are LOTS of people like him around.

Usually on sunny weekend afternoons it sounds like WWIII around my house. There is less shooting volume wise than this time 2 years ago but there is definitely more variety of reports and it is coming from different locations. At least two new AR's, several new handguns have been heard when walking the dogs.

Hopefully they are prepared to vote to keep them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Normally (1 year ago) at least every other 100 Y/M covered range table is full, the 25 and 50 Y/M ranges every position full, and people would be there for 30-60 minutes.

This trip the 25 M range had 1/2 the positions filled at any given time, perhaps 3 people each on the 50, 100 M ranges.

Shooters would fire 50 rounds or less, then leave.

It was strange how quickly people were rotating and how many were women obviously being introduced to shooting or a specific pistol.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Normally (1 year ago) at least every other 100 Y/M covered range table is full, the 25 and 50 Y/M ranges every position full, and people would be there for 30-60 minutes.

This trip the 25 M range had 1/2 the positions filled at any given time, perhaps 3 people each on the 50, 100 M ranges.

Shooters would fire 50 rounds or less, then leave.

It was strange how quickly people were rotating and how many were women obviously being introduced to shooting or a specific pistol.

Andy
    I think people are either "Verifying" their weapons- either a new purchase or a weapon they haven't used in awhile or one they have recently modified- changed a stock, added a red dot etc and they are making 100% sure it runs and hits where its' supposed to....OR, they are introducing family and friends to firearms in brief range sessions- familiarization fire essentially. That's the general sense that I get.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think people are either "Verifying" their weapons- either a new purchase or a weapon they haven't used in awhile or one they have recently modified- changed a stock, added a red dot etc and they are making 100% sure it runs and hits where its' supposed to....OR, they are introducing family and friends to firearms in brief range sessions- familiarization fire essentially. That's the general sense that I get.....
    Agree 100%

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Hopefully they are prepared to vote to keep them.
    It appears that you didn't notice. Voting doesn't matter anymore. They just install whoever they want. They do it fraudulently right in front of us, and no one does anything to stop them.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast