Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential defect question regarding a new Spikes FN/Barrel

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Group it, then decide. I have barrels ten times uglier under a scope to include a really ugly leade that still shoot MOA.

I have an FN Optimum barrel on my favorite build.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Glad it was just jacket fouling. Cool scope.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Which scope were these taken with?
    @pointblant445

Would like to know as well. Those are some clear pics. Look much better than others i have seen posted on various forums

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    @pointblant445

Would like to know as well. Those are some clear pics. Look much better than others i have seen posted on various forums
    Teslong? I think is the name. It's not expensive; the trick is adjusting the head/lens. I've got it at the sweet spot for .224 bore

However, let this thread be a warning, most guys freak out/overreact/misinterpret things they see in the bore scope. I'm guilty of this myself...one time I thought my chrome lining was pitting...it was just carbon fouling. The pic in question:

I've posted on here before that I've scoped FN, Hodge, DD, HK and Bartlein barrels and how fresh/clean the rifling looks is not necessarily an indicator of how the barrel will shoot. That FN above with those striations across the lands and groves is a decent performer compared to some things that look like glass but just phone it in at 2MOA.

It may be the best/worst $75 you ever spend
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 03-08-21 at 12:36.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Group it, then decide. I have barrels ten times uglier under a scope to include a really ugly leade that still shoot MOA.

I have an FN Optimum barrel on my favorite build.

Dennis.
    This. Shoot the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Teslong? I think is the name. It's not expensive; the trick is adjusting the head/lens. I've got it at the sweet spot for .224 bore

However, let this thread be a warning, most guys freak out/overreact/misinterpret things they see in the bore scope. I'm guilty of this myself...one time I thought my chrome lining was pitting...it was just carbon fouling. The pic in question:

I've posted on here before that I've scoped FN, Hodge, DD, HK and Bartlein barrels and how fresh/clean the rifling looks is not necessarily an indicator of how the barrel will shoot. That FN above with those striations across the lands and groves is a decent performer compared to some things that look like glass but just phone it in at 2MOA.

It may be the best/worst $75 you ever spend
    Thanks. And i have seen some threads on TOS with people freaking out. I know some not so great looking barrels can shoot well and shooting it is the best way to see what a barrel can do. I would just like on to have in case i need it. IE if a barrel is shooting bad from the start it may help further diagnose why

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I use my Teslong to compare gas port erosion given the documented number of rounds fired. Mostly useless but interesting to compare to used uppers I have bought.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Funny enough a lot of those "defects" like rough spots gets ironed out and "chips" get filled in by jacket material when you just shoot the damn barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to see it's gtg. Though I rarely use my Teslong I do find it be of a very acceptable quality. Especially for the price.

Perhaps I overlooked it. Which copper remover failed to remove the residue?
    Last edited by bamashooter; 03-10-21 at 06:45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12