Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around - World conflict timeline

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around - World conflict timeline

NSFW. Very telling video and a very telling song choice to go along with it. Not for the faint at heart.

Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Daniel 12:5-7 Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”

The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time.[b] When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

For those who believe, the Bible is clear that as the time of the end approaches it will not be in the train of a great triumph of good. In Paul's second letter to Timothy (which was at a time of great difficulty for early Christians under Nero,) he tells Timothy that the world is literally going to go to hell in a handbasket but to not be dismayed. This is by far the greatest hurdle that I cannot get over in my own faith; to see just how bad things are becoming and to know they're only going to get worse. Martin Luther's commentary on Daniel's prophesy says that as the end is close the church may only be maintained by fathers in their own homes. It's really a dreadful thing to imagine.

Feedback Score
    I love that song.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Daniel 12:5-7 Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”

The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time.[b] When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

For those who believe, the Bible is clear that as the time of the end approaches it will not be in the train of a great triumph of good. In Paul's second letter to Timothy (which was at a time of great difficulty for early Christians under Nero,) he tells Timothy that the world is literally going to go to hell in a handbasket but to not be dismayed. This is by far the greatest hurdle that I cannot get over in my own faith; to see just how bad things are becoming and to know they're only going to get worse. Martin Luther's commentary on Daniel's prophesy says that as the end is close the church may only be maintained by fathers in their own homes. It's really a dreadful thing to imagine.
    I disagree that all things will inexorably get worse and worse. Paul was talking of the unbelievers...yes they will get worse and worse, but they will not have the victory. God has promised in Isaiah 2 that the nations will flow unto the heavenly Zion, that the nations will make war no more, that traditional enemies of God will covenant with Him and obey His commandments Isaiah 19. This time will take place in Rev 20 in my view. Satan will be bound from deceiving the nation for a thousand year, the thousand years could also be a much longer time if not interpreted in a wooden way. Christ will subdue His enemies, the last being death. Christ is never defeated...ever.

Feedback Score
    The video and the song were quite chilling. I have shared it with many people.

Feedback Score
    That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I disagree that all things will inexorably get worse and worse. Paul was talking of the unbelievers...yes they will get worse and worse, but they will not have the victory. God has promised in Isaiah 2 that the nations will flow unto the heavenly Zion, that the nations will make war no more, that traditional enemies of God will covenant with Him and obey His commandments Isaiah 19. This time will take place in Rev 20 in my view. Satan will be bound from deceiving the nation for a thousand year, the thousand years could also be a much longer time if not interpreted in a wooden way. Christ will subdue His enemies, the last being death. Christ is never defeated...ever.
    We're not in disagreement and I think we're simply pointing out two different parts of scripture. Jesus said as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man returns. Unbelievers will become worse and worse, but it can't be discounted in Daniel's prophesy that only once the power of God's people is shattered will Christ return.

The most important thing about this discussion is that regardless of one's views on when the end will come, that it doesn't have an impact on salvation. There's lots of very difficult to understand passages in the Bible and even Daniel when confronted with his vision in chapter 12 responds "I heard, but I did not understand." As you pointed out, the final victory belongs to the Lord and is without question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't discount Ezekiel 38 and 39. Big wars involving what appears to be Russia, Turkey, Iran, and possibly the EU.

That has yet to come to pass, but will.

ETA: yeah, I love that song too, and it's been in my head alot lately.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 03-08-21 at 00:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post

"wars and rumors of wars"
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    You spend so many years in the Army going to places like in the video, and seeing some of that death & destruction, longing for your tour to be over so you can return to the peace and tranquility of the United States. Now we have political and social elites creating an environment which could turn this place into nothing more than a 3rd World nightmare, either by commission, or ignorant omission. I feel we have begun that journey down a long and dark passage way.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast