A number of years ago I joined M4C looking for some info on what AR to buy. I ended up getting a complete upper and lower from BCM. After burning quite a bit of time going down the different M4C rabbit holes, I decided I wanted to build my own AR. I began buying parts and tools here and there and soon I had a box full of goodies. Well, before I could get building, we moved and the box was carefully packed up. Once everything was unpacked, the box moved into the closet where it sat for a couple years. The GF riots lit a fire under my butt, pun intended, to add another AR to the inventory. I can't really say why I picked all the parts that I did because it's been too long since I bought them, however, I love the AR platform and adding an 18" along with my BCM 16" just means its imperative I add a 10" soon.

Grey Ghost Precision Stripped lower
CMMG lower parts kit
Geissele G2S 2 stage trigger
Daniel Defense Enhanced pistol grip
BCM QD End Plate
B5 collapsible stock
Mil-spec buffer tube and spring kit - Brownells
BCM stripped upper
Aero Precision upper parts kit
Original bolt carrier group was Brownells M16 Nickel Boron - The bolt assembly was out of spec when testing head space.
-Replaced with PSA Prem Nickel Boron bolt carrier group
BCMGunfighter charging handle mod 3
Faxon 18" Gunner 5.56 barrel
Vltor flash hider
Midwest Industries low profile gas block
Faxon 15" aluminum M-Lock hand rail
Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 and mount
Mbus flip sights - not pictured

Some unintended consequences of waiting too long to build after buying the parts; not being able to return something if it doesn't work and trying to find parts during a season of panic when parts are now hard to find.

The bolt assembly was a bit frustrating, not only because I couldn't return the product, but because finding a replacement was very difficult. I had to settle on a PSA when I would have rather gone with something like BCM. The stock was another secondary choice. Each of these components will be replaced at a later date. Otherwise, I didn't encounter any issues putting everything together.

I'll update when I get it out on the range to shoot, hopefully in the next week or two.

Just want to say thanks for all the people who contribute to the knowledge on this forum.

AR Build.jpg