Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR in a box

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Very nice build. Good parts list. Have you shot it yet? Curious how the Faxon barrel shoots.
    I took it out and couldn't get anywhere close to a zero. I didn't have iron sites for it at the time and was using the scope that I had bore laser sighted at home. My mbus sights finally arrived from backorder, but haven't taken it out again. I laser bore sighted again with the mbus and had to adjust the rear sight all the way to one side to get it lined up. Did some searches and I guess this is not too uncommon, but I'll need to see what happens at the range. Hope to get out with it in the next couple weeks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, your boresight itself could be off, I suppose.

I do the old fashioned thing, take upper, sans BCG, mounted on sandbags or something stable....look through barrel, upon a small distant object (you know, 30-50 yards), then adjust sights and/or scope to that same point.

You'll be close to "on" when you shoot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I do the old fashioned thing, take upper, sans BCG, mounted on sandbags or something stable....look through barrel, upon a small distant object (you know, 30-50 yards), then adjust sights and/or scope to that same point.

^This

I fire 1 shot, and use that as my mark to adjust off (just because shooting a gun makes me feel better). Don’t think I’ve ever been more than a couple of inches off, if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I have pretty good luck with that method.

I hope you get it sorted.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-11-21 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    Finally found some time to dig into this. I did notice on closer inspection that the free float hand rail was cocked to one side by maybe half the thickness of a credit card. Once I addressed this I used the laser bore sight again with the now mounted Mbus sights and the rear sight adjusted about dead even right to left where as before I had to move it almost all the way as far left as it would go. Tightened everything back down and off to the range I went. Happy to report that we are now shooting dead on target. I have about 300 rounds of various manufacture through it with no issues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work harder. Millions on welfare are depending on you.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
    George S. Patton

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkrackers View Post
    Finally found some time to dig into this. I did notice on closer inspection that the free float hand rail was cocked to one side by maybe half the thickness of a credit card. Once I addressed this I used the laser bore sight again with the now mounted Mbus sights and the rear sight adjusted about dead even right to left where as before I had to move it almost all the way as far left as it would go. Tightened everything back down and off to the range I went. Happy to report that we are now shooting dead on target. I have about 300 rounds of various manufacture through it with no issues.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thats great news!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12