Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Folding stocks?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

AR Folding stocks?

Have folding stocks, this one or any other, been vetted as more than a range toy?

https://tactiland.com/products/folding
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have a law tactical. Have been running it for a couple of years. It seems very robust.

That being said, it's a niche item. It's good for making it smaller for transport, but I wouldn't use it otherwise. If you have it folded it could be an egress point for stuff to get in the action. It also adds some weight.

In other words, if I need a compact gun for transport, I will use that lower, but otherwise I would stick with one of my none folding lowers.

Another note, if you have facial hair, I have had my mustache hairs get caught in it during recoil.....it made me cry.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I have a law tactical. Have been running it for a couple of years. It seems very robust.

That being said, it's a niche item. It's good for making it smaller for transport, but I wouldn't use it otherwise. If you have it folded it could be an egress point for stuff to get in the action. It also adds some weight.

In other words, if I need a compact gun for transport, I will use that lower, but otherwise I would stick with one of my none folding lowers.

Another note, if you have facial hair, I have had my mustache hairs get caught in it during recoil.....it made me cry.

Soli Deo Gloria
    When transporting ARs in small spaces, many resort to separating upper and lower, so that seemed like a much better option if well built and designed.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Scumbag chinese pot metal rip off of a good company (Law Tactical).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    So Law Tac is the go to for that gizmo. Got it.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They lost me at "This is how Spec-ops troops carry...." Instantly sounds like airsoft!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    When transporting ARs in small spaces, many resort to separating upper and lower, so that seemed like a much better option if well built and designed.
    And that is a cool advantage of an AR. It still a nice option to have the law tactical, especially with something like a 9" 300 blk upper as you can store it in a small bag and deploy it very quickly.

But say a rifle that you are patrolling with on foot, I would just assume have a normal set up to save weight .

Obviously something like the mcx is much more well suited for a folding stock.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Law Tactical is good to go with the trade offs stated above. That link you posted is garbage and looks just like Law Tactical. Its a total chicom ripoff!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    But they say "Made for America"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post

Soli Deo Gloria
    The last part about the mustache made me laugh!
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast