Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Okay Surefeed

Feedback Score

Okay Surefeed

Just wanted to make a thread to toot Okay's horn a bit. I bought some surefeed mags and I must say that they have replaced Magpul Mags as my go to magazine to purchase and use. They are extremely well built and high quality.

If you haven't grabbed a few, you might give them a try.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Just wanted to make a thread to toot Okay's horn a bit. I bought some surefeed mags and I must say that they have replaced Magpul Mags as my go to magazine to purchase and use. They are extremely well built and high quality.

If you haven't grabbed a few, you might give them a try.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    ROFL well WHO doesn't want to buy a few mags!?

Feedback Score
    I’m confident that most here already know about and probably even own Okay magazines.

Feedback Score
    Why are they better? Why are they replacing your P-Mags? What experience do you have running them? What kind of data do you have to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Why are they better? Why are they replacing your P-Mags? What experience do you have running them? What kind of data do you have to share?

I never said that they were better, only that I, personally, like them even better than the magpuls I have. But I have run them for a bit now on range days with tons of drills and I really like a metal magazine. They have really good followers and can take a beating. It's just that they're my new favorite. Was only stating my opinion. Did not mean to make anyone angry with me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t have any Surefeeds but a metric shitload of Okay g.i. mags in a few cardboard boxes.

All I use are Gen M3 Pmags.

Feedback Score
    I have a few Surefeeds, I'm perticularly talking about the stippled sided Okay mags, with the blue followers. I have no issue with them save that they don't always lock the bolt to the rear on an empty magazine with my ADM and M4E1 lowers, they seem to work great in my DD, BCM, PSA and regular Aero lowers. I have never had any issues with my Okay mags with the Magpul followers, D&H mags, Lancers, PMAGs but for some reason I have had issues here and there with the Surefeed Stippled mags with blue followers. I have approximately 10 of them I believe from 2 different purchases a good amount of time apart. I would say every 3 uses or so I see this issue. Not saying it couldn't be my lowers, as I sent back the ADM lower once before for the Ambi Bolt catch and release, but I then noticed it on my M4E1 as well, all stock Aero lower parts in that. Decent mags, but I personally prefer a magpul follower if I can get it.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 03-08-21 at 15:30. Reason: I'm dumb sometimes
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    I never said that they were better, only that I, personally, like them even better than the magpuls I have. But I have run them for a bit now on range days with tons of drills and I really like a metal magazine. They have really good followers and can take a beating. It's just that they're my new favorite. Was only stating my opinion. Did not mean to make anyone angry with me.
    Then I’m confused as to the purpose of your opening post. They are replacing Magpuls but you didn’t offer a reason. Nobody is offended, but sharing the “why” is more important than the “what” when statements are made. We want to know if you’ve learned something we didn’t.

Sounds more like Coke v Pepsi.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't really see the purpose of these drive by Facebook style updates, especially since it's no secret that Okay Industries/Surefeed make reliable mags. I'm not sure why you'd replace what I can only assume are working mags like PMAGs just to replace them with another working, reliable magazine.

I also don't really get people's emotional attachment to consumable items such as magazines. PMAGs work great, Okay Industries work great, D&H work pretty good too. Buy some from any of the reputable manufacturers and drive on. Toss them in the trash when they break or stop feeding properly and pull another out to replace it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast